• Show
Clear All

• Cog Hill #4 Dubsdread Lidar

Just published Cog Hill #4 IL LDR

Black 7530
    Blue 6985
    White 6317
    Green 5394
    Red 2398 -- as with all my more recent courses I've plunked down junior tees to play with your kids or to practice your approach shots.

From Cog Hill's website:
    Known as the "Patriarch of Public Golf," Joe Jemsek always aspired to provide a country club experience and amenities to all golfers. Even with three hightly successful golf courses, Joe was still concerned that he didn't have a course to better the finest country clubs in the United States. Once again Joe partnered with famed golf architect team of Dick Wilson (Bay Hill, Cog Hill No.3, Doral-Blue Course, Laurel Valley) and Joe Lee (Bent Tree, Palm Beach National, La Costa, Walt Disney World Courses) to create Joe's vision of a fourth course, one that would test the world's greatest golfers. Wilson/Lee complied and created what many consider to be each architects best work. Sadly, Wilson passed before the course opened to universal praise.

The collaboration was so successful that No. 4 has remained nationally ranked since its opening in 1964. At that time, Course No. 4 was given the nickname "DUBSDREAD." The nickname "DUBSDREAD" is derived from the idea that a "dub" or poor golfer should beware and served as a warning of the challenges forthcoming. True to its name, this natural-style championship course places a high demand on shot-making ability by providing tight landing areas combined with heavily bunkered, large undulating greens.

In light of recent advances in golf club technology and agronomy, the "Open Doctor" Rees Jones was brought in to re-establish the original intent and strategy of DUBSDREAD'S design. The renovation plan incorporated square tees, repositioned bunkers and hazards, and all 18 greens were rebuilt and recontoured with Sub-Air drainage.

Over the years, DUBSDREAD has challenged professionals and amateurs alike while hosting numerous PGA Tour and USGA tournaments.
    Course Architects

Dick Wilson & Joe Lee - 1964
    Redesign - Rees Jones - 2008 Accolades

No. 1 Course You Can Play in Illinois - Golfweek
    America's 100 Greatest Public Courses - Golf Digest
    Top 100 Courses You Can Play - Golf Magazine
    America's 75 Toughest Courses - Golf Digest
    10 Best Two-Course Combinations in the World - Links Magazine
    Hole #16 - 500 Greatest Golf Holes - Golf Magazine
    Best of Illinois - Golf Advisor Tournaments

2007, 2009-2011 BMW Championship
    1991-2006 Western Open Championship
    1997 U.S. Amateur
    1970 & 1989 U.S. Public Links
    1987 U.S. Women's Public Links

Click image for larger version  Name:	tee1.png Views:	0 Size:	971.1 KB ID:	224528 Click image for larger version  Name:	Tee6.png Views:	0 Size:	956.6 KB ID:	224529 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole4.png Views:	0 Size:	948.1 KB ID:	224530 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole13.png Views:	0 Size:	947.7 KB ID:	224531 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole16.png Views:	0 Size:	980.9 KB ID:	224532 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole18.png Views:	0 Size:	1,004.8 KB ID:	224533 Click image for larger version  Name:	Tee7.png Views:	0 Size:	994.2 KB ID:	224534 Click image for larger version  Name:	Tee11.png Views:	0 Size:	935.1 KB ID:	224535 Click image for larger version  Name:	Tee14.png Views:	0 Size:	981.3 KB ID:	224536 Click image for larger version  Name:	Tee15.png Views:	0 Size:	946.2 KB ID:	224537
    Attached Files
    My courses:
    Aldeen
    Butler National
    Cantigny
    Canyata
    Cog Hill #4
    Harbor Shores
    Harborside
    Naperville Country Club
    Prairie Landing
    Rich Harvest Farms
    Ruffled Feathers
    Shoreacres

Played there IRL back in August. These screen shots look SPOT ON. Nice job

Comment

Your awesome! Ive added it to my list for a future Noonan tournament.

Comment

Grew up 3 miles from this place...DREAMED of playing well enough to conquer #4 some day. Need to get back and try, but in the meantime, this’ll do just fine!! Looks fantastic! Thanks!

Comment

• Solstice72
          Solstice72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lemont lover.... 💕

• 968Cab
          968Cab commented
          Editing a comment
          Darien.... 😉

I never had the time and luck to golf at cog Hill yet. Definitely will be on my bucket list.

The cog Hill website had a lot of great flyovers of all the holes which really helps me get those details in especially when figuring out how heavy the underbrush is at certain areas where there lots of trees and the shelters.

Also the scorecard showed the general areas of pin placements 1 through 4 to also give it a more realistic experience.

Small differences with the course was placement of benches, signs, and bridges for visual purposes and lack of willow trees using The rustic theme. I wish tgc designer would enable willow trees in evergreens to be under the same theme. I've been finding you have to pick one or the other.
        My courses:
        Aldeen
        Butler National
        Cantigny
        Canyata
        Cog Hill #4
        Harbor Shores
        Harborside
        Naperville Country Club
        Prairie Landing
        Rich Harvest Farms
        Ruffled Feathers
        Shoreacres

Comment

Another sweet Chicago run, thanks man. My buddy and I won't golf here IRL unless we're stuck for tee times , it's not the cost it's the value ( not ok for 160). We'd prefer Cantigny straight up, (the other course you made that others should check out) cost irrespective. but still it's less, $ 117. And that's what makes Prairie Run ( you also made) so special you can grab greens fees for 60 or 70 down to 40 and it's just a fine piece of ground.

Comment

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the colors. It's a keeper.

Awesome course ! Thank you for creating it, We've added it to the Exhibition Match society. It will be playable between 9th and 12th November

Comment

Look at you Jtangm04, another one featured! It is really good. I'll hopefully be on tour soon, my back is better.

As long as ProTee Max is diggin' on now your second Chicago area course, maybe he could check out a third at some point 🤔, Stonewall Orchard (L), I had it commisioned last Spring.

Comment

• ProTee Max
              ProTee Max commented
              Editing a comment
              Stonewall Orchard has been added to the exhibition society , for a 1 round match , 13 - 18 november.

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's sweet. I'll make that my comeback week. (lower back)

Hope your back recovers soon.

My back went out raking leaves last Friday!!! It was a really mild strain so I'm hoping I'll be good to go in a few more days.
            I am working on Canyata golf club now. There was a decent lidar version already done but was a little sparse on the decorations so I'm giving it a makeover. I've finished the first 4 holes so maybe in another 1-2 weeks I'll get that one published.

After that I'll check out that Harbor course you mentioned in a different thread.
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, probably should do Harbor Shores, I only say that due to the problematic lack of fescue penalty / overall bomb and gouge issue of links in TGC2019.

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              @Wizard - you got that right! Harbor Shores is the course, it's amazing, and when you look at what Jack did to design that course out of an industrial wasteland, you will know exactly what I mean! I live about 40 mins away, and have been there many times, I even remember when that entire area was nothing but industrial junk, now it's an amazing golf course. Each hole is named after and features one of Jack's 18 majors.

That's the course!

• calebm1001
              calebm1001 commented
              Editing a comment
              Harbor shores is being built as we speak. It’s almost done - should be ready by Christmas.
          Working...
          X