Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profile losing changes every time I login?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile losing changes every time I login?

Quick Question for the TGC2019 Gurus... Last few days weird things have been happening to my profile. It keeps losing my changes to the golfer appearance and name. Also, how do I go from 4.04 to 4.07? My scores show up on the leader board (in the program and on the website) but recorded shots do not. Shot recording is on. Using Uneekor.

Thanks for any help.

Mike from NH
    --
    What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Run setup.exe.4.0.7

then find profile file and save to desk top if reset drop it where you got it and make another copy for desk top. Images show how to find it and what it looks like.

Attached Files

Comment

I have gone one step farther, I have a profile saved with me and the wife, one with me and my grandson, and one with me and my nephew, and then several combinations of that up to having all four on one. I keep them stored in different folders so who ever is playing is already setup and switch them into the game accordingly and can add different guest as needed without losing what I already have. I also pinned the folders to quick access so I can get to them easily.
      Last edited by BGCurtis2nd; 11-03-2019, 04:07 PM. Reason: added quick access info

Comment

• philbanc
        philbanc commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Where did you set up your folders and how do you access them from the TGC2019 interface?

Also, I've found the folder that Wizard of Coz mentioned but I still don't know where to find 4.0.7? Worth mentioning there are two data files in the same folder??

Thanks again for any help.

Originally posted by BGCurtis2nd View Post
      I have gone one step farther, I have a profile saved with me and the wife, one with me and my grandson, and one with me and my nephew, and then several combinations of that up to having all four on one. I keep them stored in different folders so who ever is playing is already setup and switch them into the game accordingly and can add different guest as needed without losing what I already have. I also pinned the folders to quick access so I can get to them easily.
      Last edited by mikemcd22; 11-04-2019, 09:44 PM.
      --

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
        BGCurtis2nd commented
        Editing a comment
        You can not access them from the TGC2019 interface, the folder that Wizard of Coz mentioned, the one named common is the one you need. I created a folder on C:/ drive that I call "Player Storage" which I keep my saved files in, in separate folders (named, "Bob&Sandy", Bob&Steve, and so on). I right clicked on "Play Storage" and then clicked on "pin to quick access" did the same with the "common" folder (where the profile the game uses is stored) to allow easy transfer of files when needed.

• BGCurtis2nd
        BGCurtis2nd commented
        Editing a comment
        On the two files, you need to find out which one the game is using once you know which one, you can delete both files and copy your saved file to the folder and simply rename it to the file the game was using. one of the files is most likely the one you set up but TGC started a new one, you can rename the old file to the newer one and should be able to recover what you had.

You get 4.0.7 after you run setup.exe again

Comment

I just lost my profile today. I thought it happened during the first hole, but maybe I just didn't notice. It was super frustrating as I was playing a tournament round, and it reset my gimmes. A skytrak is almost impossible to put a 11 inch putt. I believe I am already running 4.0.7. At least that is what the console says. Should I reinstall? This is the first time happening after playing quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by dborden0 View Post
          I just lost my profile today. I thought it happened during the first hole, but maybe I just didn't notice. It was super frustrating as I was playing a tournament round, and it reset my gimmes. A skytrak is almost impossible to put a 11 inch putt. I believe I am already running 4.0.7. At least that is what the console says. Should I reinstall? This is the first time happening after playing quite a bit.
          I have no idea but it happens sometimes. Wizard of Koz keeps a back up of of his settings to make is an easy replacement. Frustrating for sure.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

Ive not had a problem with it for quite some time but just recently it's been happening non stop.

Comment

I've had my profile wiped out 3 times this week. Since I was a former Skytrak user, the setup.exe was for skytrak. I had to contact Pro-tee support and of course, they sent an immediate response with the correct link to update to 4.0.7. It did not fix the loss of profile issue however. I still have two profiles in the common folder and I have made backups. I was able to restore my profile using this method. I deleted one, restarted the game and TGC just recreated it bringing me back to 2 profiles again.

I'm still confused as to how BGCurtis2nd is able to have multiple profiles as that seems to be the issue (occasionally when I add a guest to the game and change their appearance, my profile seems to get wiped out). So, when you exit out of TGC after playing with "GuestX" you save that profile and restore your old one? Seems to me that would also wipe out your round data?

--

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                I've never had two profile settings in the that folder I showed you how to find. Tgc2019

• mikemcd22
                mikemcd22 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe not but there are definitely two in mine. I'll take a screen shot later when I get there.

mikemcd22 I have a main profile that has me, my wife, one of my grandsons, and my nephew on it, that is the group I play with most often. When I play by myself or any of the three I use that profile, if I play with someone else I use a modification of that profile if I have already saved one, or I create a new one using my most current base profile. After that game is complete I go back to the last saved copy of my base profile so yes I loose my round data for that round but only for that round and do not loose the profile for anyone in my main group or their avatar setup. To me it is worth the trade off, and the majority of the time I am playing the same profile, would be nice if we could save multiple profiles and call them back up but for now this works for me.

Comment

Not sure if I missed it or not, but how do you load the profiles into TGC 2019 when you are ready to?

Comment

Drag and drop where you found em with your saved one

Comment

Is there currently a way for my son to play under his own profile, rather than under mine or guest? Is there a way to create a second online profile?

Comment

My profile and settings disappeared too. For a brief shining moment I was hoping it was because they'd done an update and fixed some of the weird issues in 2019.
                      Alas..... it just changed all my stuff. My first clue was some guy yacking away about me teeing off. (I shut off "announcer" the first time I played 2019)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X