Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Build - Ran into some questions! Input Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build - Ran into some questions! Input Please!

Hello All!

First off I want to thank everyone for the insight on this forum. I have done basically everything up to this point off what have read here.

So my sim room is 19'6" x 14'3 x 10 high.. I have decided to go with a Uneekor unit, I am leaning towards a fiberbuilt mat and Carls Place screen. I am going to lay the dricore subfloor with some type of putting turf and put a few holes in. If anyone has any insight on the turf, please let me know. I'm leaning toward https://turffactorydirect.com/produc...putting-elite/

ok a few issues..
    1. I did not account for the projector aspect ratios when I was planning. Right now my screen wall is 171" x 120" tall finished, so I will be between a 4:3 projector and a widescreen. I was thinking of just hanging some slotted angle to attach the screen and get a custom screen. So, my question is how much room will I need to keep the screen tight with the bungees?
      1. Am I better off sacrificing some height to have the widescreen projector?
      2. Am I better off getting an standard enclosed unit for Carls. Will save alot of headache but I will sacrifice with the the standard sizing
      3. How high of a screen is high enough?
    2. Looking at the placement of the mat. I think I will have to off set the mat with the 14' width. Luckily, I have no lefty good friends. How much room is recommended behind the mat and behind me as I am swinging?
    3. I am worried about my projector if I get a short throw. It will probably be at about 8' and my mat will be at about 10'6"ish Im thinking. I want to ceiling mount. What is enough clearance. I am 6'2 and have friends that get up to 6'6.
    4. Lastly, I want to install a few holes to putt in the sub floor. I will have 7/8" with the dricore and another 1/2" with the turf. Is the a 1"ish cup out there to use or should i plan on just buying some cups and cutting them?
    Any and all tips and recommendations are appreciated!

I will update with pics when I get started!

Thanks All!

tsus
Working...
X