Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @strider33 winning the TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Tournament of Champions!

Join this weeks TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Sony Open Hawaii with 2 rounds at The Baltasar, Spingfiled NJ, Baltasar Tees 6652yds : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...ny-open-hawaii
See more
See less

TGC Course Design 101

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC Course Design 101

Crazycanuck1985 shows you how to create a course from scratch in 10 short instruction videos.

Course Design 101 Episode 1 - Getting Started

Course Design 101 Episode 2 - Creating Greens

Course Design 101 Episode 3 - Bunkering

Course Design 101 Episode 4 - Fairways and Rough

Course Design 101 Episode 5 - Creating tee boxes

Course Design 101 Episode 6 - Basic Sculpting

Course Design 101 Episode 7 - Creating a Pond

Course Design 101 Episode 8 - Course Beautification

Course Design 101 Episode 9 - Green and Fairway Contouring

Course Design 101 Episode 10 - Fairway Bunkers and Hole Layout

http://www.protee-united.com
    TGC tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Good information. I learned from every one of these. Nicely done videos.
    Protee
    CST Time zone

Comment

These videos are very well done. Thanks.

Comment

How do you start course designer when not connected the Sky Trak?

Comment

Can a course created from a PC running the steam version of tgc be played on the sim version of tgc?

Comment

Originally posted by Tekbud View Post
            Can a course created from a PC running the steam version of tgc be played on the sim version of tgc?
            Yes. 2 ways. Transfer the course file to the TGC sim PC or publish it to the steam version and wait for the next course sync.

Comment

• Tekbud
              Tekbud commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! So I assume that there is a "courses" folder in TGC directory that is easily identified?

Does anybody know of good videos about recreating an existing course ? With the help of google earth ? I started to try it on my own a long time ago but i just can't get it right. Was hoping i find a video with some good advice .

Comment

You should google HB Studios Forums and look up the Greg Norman designer forum. There is a ton of info on how people do it.

Comment

Protee - I want to build a course for my 5 and 7 year olds. I've reviewed several of the videos in this thread. Would you say this is the definitive guide to course building or is there more formal instruction material?

Comment

• ProTee United
                  ProTee United commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Google on TGC course design and you will find hundreds of videos and loads of instructions.

FYI, the above videos are all you need. Watch them all.

Comment

The videos are awesome but using a keyboard and mouse, I can't figure out how and what yo use when you are creating and editing a course. Maybe explain a little how and what keys do what? Any info would help me out.. thanks

Comment

Goggle HB forums and look up Greg Norman Course Designer. Keyboard shortcuts are there.

Comment

Working...
                    X