Losing vcam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing vcam

I haven't really used my protee all summer due to playing real golf. Now I am having a lot of issues with the vcam.

I will see the usb camera in the devices, but won't see it in the protee interface drop down menu under vcam.

If I unistall the flycap drivers and reinstall I can generally get it to work in the protee interface but it will eventually stop responding and I end up with every shot being 22 degs and black captures from the camera.

I thought maybe the extension cable was possibly bad, but everything I plug into it works fine (keyboards, mice, usb drives).
    I also tried to find newer drivers (on win 10) but they don't seem to even work with protee

I am currently at a loss here on what to attempt next

I got a better cable and a new 3.0 usb pci-e card. Bnorman and keither told me about. Now I am completely stable. I never drop a camera. If you need specifics I will get them in an hour or so.

Comment

I guess I should at least unhook my camera and plug it in directly. See if that solves anything before I start spending any money. Rule out the camera itself.

I do have a good amount of usb components on this pc.

Comment

These are the 2 things that I got. They will save you so much time and frustration.

Especially the dedicated usb card. Where instructions say to use usb ports from different controllers, With this you just put them on the same card. Problem solved.

Under $50 and you never have to worry about cameras again!!!

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          You beat me to it....... Even though they are USB 2 cameras, they seem to run better and more stable on a USB 3.0 card. I had similar problems with my GSA camera.

Will have to test more tomorrow...can't really hit balls at night without annoying the neighbors.

But I pulled everything usb out except for the bare min to run protee and removed the extender USB cable. Seemed to be working properly.
        It's odd that the PC sees the camera but protee won't with the extension cable. I did order a new extension to test. Thanks Boerdoc! next step will be the usb card if it comes to that.

Comment

does the extension have a built in amplifier which is need.

Comment

• Ryan5508
            Ryan5508 commented
            Editing a comment
            yes it does

Replaced the USB cable with a new one. Back in business and managed to get 5 hours of golf in with coworkers today.

Can't beat 71 degree garage golf when it's 22 degrees outside

Comment

cool glad your back up and running

Comment

Working...
            X