New here... Hello from the UK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wokman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommi View Post
    Can I ask where did you buy it? The fathers day deal and shipping from UK sounds good.

    I think Optishot would be enough for my kids at the moment. I would buy SkyTrak if they would ship it to Finland..

    Tommy.. check with Optishot directly.. they ship from their UK warehouse and so no UK tax, but has a $10 shipping. They havent advertised their father's day yet, but it is likekly to be soon. PM me and I will send you the details...
    Whereabouts are you in the UK?

    Leave a comment:


  • Tommi
    replied
    Can I ask where did you buy it? The fathers day deal and shipping from UK sounds good.

    I think Optishot would be enough for my kids at the moment. I would buy SkyTrak if they would ship it to Finland..
    Last edited by Tommi; 06-03-2015, 07:49 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • wokman
    replied
    Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post

    People have, it's possible. If you want online play then you'll need to upgrade. Optishot 2 is exactly the same hardware so no improvements except online play plus a few minor tweaks. I think depending on the date of the Optishot 1 the upgrade may be free (check Optishot site for details). Email Optishot and confirm whatever you are concerned about before doing it, they answer emails fairly well.

    Hard to beat $200. Accuracy will cost you 10x that at least (probably more like 20x if you want game simulation). Only you know if it is worth it. Upgrading later to accurate system won't waste much since you can sell the Optishot easily. Worst case, if you sell for $100 then it only cost you $100 to gain experience, have a bunch of fun and know for sure you need to spend big dollars to be happy. Or you might find you are happy and nothing more needs spending. Either way, unless you do something dumb, the dollars involved don't seem to make it a high stress decision.
    Well said...

    Anyways.. have reached a decision.. Have bought an Optishot 2. They were kind enough to give a Father's day discount of $100 and it ships from the UK, so no more to pay.
    The Dicks one is good. But it would need a $100 update to Optishot 2 software + c$80 shipping + unknown UK Customs. So in this case the difference was down to $50 or less and the guys at Optishot were super helpful and I liked their responsiveness..

    Thumbs up for Optishot... and now a proper member of the golf sim world.
    Now to get the other bits and bobs organised.

    Leave a comment:


  • FaultyClubs
    replied
    Originally posted by wokman View Post

    A curveball would be
    1) the Optishot 1 is on offer at Dicks for $200. Could buy that and then upgrade the software at $100. This will save a few shillings. Anyone gone down the upgrade route?
    People have, it's possible. If you want online play then you'll need to upgrade. Optishot 2 is exactly the same hardware so no improvements except online play plus a few minor tweaks. I think depending on the date of the Optishot 1 the upgrade may be free (check Optishot site for details). Email Optishot and confirm whatever you are concerned about before doing it, they answer emails fairly well.

    Hard to beat $200. Accuracy will cost you 10x that at least (probably more like 20x if you want game simulation). Only you know if it is worth it. Upgrading later to accurate system won't waste much since you can sell the Optishot easily. Worst case, if you sell for $100 then it only cost you $100 to gain experience, have a bunch of fun and know for sure you need to spend big dollars to be happy. Or you might find you are happy and nothing more needs spending. Either way, unless you do something dumb, the dollars involved don't seem to make it a high stress decision.

    Leave a comment:


  • wokman
    replied
    Originally posted by billydruce View Post
    As with anything buy the correct thing first time, if you don't you will only end up buying it at a later date. I say forget them and go either skytrak or flightscope.


    Dont fuel my wet dreams mate..
    I am assuming that both of them are way out of budget for me. Also not sure how well will a doppler system work inside a garage setup that is less than 3m (10ft) deep. I did ask for pricing for the GC2.. worked out to over £5K!! At those levels it is choice of paying the mortgage or practice in the garage...

    Leave a comment:


  • billydruce
    replied
    As with anything buy the correct thing first time, if you don't you will only end up buying it at a later date. I say forget them and go either skytrak or flightscope.

    Leave a comment:


  • wokman
    replied
    Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
    A friend and I have both also. To reject the Optishot as "just too inaccurate" while considering the P3pro is rubbish. Properly setup the the raw club data is very similar and can be used for gross adjustments given enough thought and care. I wouldn't make any swing decisions based on depicted shot shape from either system. If you want a good starter system pick the one you fall in love with. They can be a lot of fun provided you don't take them too seriously. If you want accuracy look elsewhere. If you are going to upgrade later, try not to spend too much money now.

    The current offers on the table are about
    1) $500 for Optishot 2 in the UK.
    2) $700 for P3Pro Refurb + $120 shipping + unknown UK VAT/Customs
    3) $800 for new P3Pro + $120 shipping + unknown UK VAT/Customs

    I could get someone in the US to carry it for me or find a cheaper courier to beat the UPS extortion. But even then I think the P3P is priced out. It is good to note that the Optishot is not just a toy but can provide some useful data and entertainment.,

    A curveball would be
    1) the Optishot 1 is on offer at Dicks for $200. Could buy that and then upgrade the software at $100. This will save a few shillings. Anyone gone down the upgrade route?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bubba22
    replied
    I agree with FaultyClubs and wbond. These last 2 posts by them summarize all you need to know about the systems. This has been discussed to death and the conclusion never changes. These are good starter systems and can be fun for what they are!

    Leave a comment:


  • FaultyClubs
    replied
    A friend and I have both also. To reject the Optishot as "just too inaccurate" while considering the P3pro is rubbish. Properly setup the the raw club data is very similar and can be used for gross adjustments given enough thought and care. I wouldn't make any swing decisions based on depicted shot shape from either system. If you want a good starter system pick the one you fall in love with. They can be a lot of fun provided you don't take them too seriously. If you want accuracy look elsewhere. If you are going to upgrade later, try not to spend too much money now.


    Leave a comment:


  • wbond
    replied
    I have opti, P3 and skytrak.
    Accuracy:Skytrak>P3>Opti
    Opti does have online play, and every week they usually have a premium course to play for free and you get a chance to win free premium courses for life.
    Getting a used P3 is fine and they also sell refurb units, i wouldn't hesitate to go this route.
    Opti is easier to use than P3, obviously this is my own personal opinion.
    Opti is more prone to ambient lighting issues.
    Opti and P3 are both club trackers, no ball data, unless you add the LA camera to the P3, that would then be the only ball measurement that it would do.
    You have to tape clubs for both opti and P3. Irons you can usually get away without taping on both systems.
    P3 does update a lot more frequently, good or bad.
    For me, graphics are a wash between both, but I don't have a high end projector or the best screen to get the best the image.

    Leave a comment:


  • wokman
    replied
    I believe Optishot Live is now part of Optishot 2.. so that takes care of one angle. However cannot take away the fact that P3P proabably is far more accurate than Optishot due to additionall sensors. But it is still double the cost!! I dont think I can justify it at the moment. Maybe use the Optishot for a few years and then 'graduate' to P3P? Unless I can find a second hand P3P somewhere

    Had mailed P3P but no response from them, while Opti guys were fairly quick to respond..

    Leave a comment:


  • Brettster
    replied
    Here's a full comparison of all the P3Pro systems:


    From what I understand there are several advantages to P3Pro over Optishot. 1.) P3Pro already has online play, 2.) P3Pro seems to be updated regularly (as in every month or so), 3.) P3Pro has 65 sensors, while Optishot has 2 rows of LED sensors. 4.) P3Pro offers an optional launch angle camera giving even more accurate data,

    Here's a recent forum link from P3Pro with one guys opinion:


    The OptiShot is a club tracker (detailed information, but less accurate than a ball tracker or launch angle monitor, and sensitive to lighting conditions, texture and painted clubs).

    Here's the total breakdown - there's no way I would consider OptiShot, it's just too inaccurate, I would go with the P3Pro and the Pro X Plus System if you really want to get accurate:
    --
    Optishot $400 (club tracker):
    ============
    clubhead speed
    face angle
    swing path
    distance traveled
    face contact
    swing tempo
    shot shape

    Practice and Play (up to 4 players)
    -online play is coming, but not yet available

    * stickers/tape may be required to track club, even then may have trouble tracking drivers.

    P3Pro Economy - $800 (club tracker with launch angle/camera input available):
    ============
    hit distance
    carry distance
    club speed
    ball speed
    swing tempo
    left/right center
    left/right path
    toe/heel height

    Practice and Play (up to 8 players)
    - Video Capture/swing analysis software
    - online play


    * stickers may be required to track club, patented P3 taping system can read any club.
    --

    Here's a great video that compares the Optishot vs.P3Pro. It does a fairly good job, but the video is over 1 year old, so as for graphics in P3Pro, they may be enhanced by now, and as for online play with OptiShot - it's planned, but there's nothing I can find for online play yet with OptiShot:

    Leave a comment:


  • Brettster
    replied
    Originally posted by wokman View Post
    Thanks guys.. Is the general consensus that P3Pro is much better than Optishot. I cant find UK prices for P3P, so have dropped them a note.
    I got a half decent price for Optishot 2 and this may swing the balance to them. From a setup point of view it looks like they are very similar, so all the ideas mentioned above should work.
    I have read that the lightening for Optishot is critical, so will be interesting to see how it works here..
    Well, it's generally considered more accurate, I've put together a post that compares the two, but for some strange reason, this forum will not let me post it???

    If you want the details PM me here...

    Thanks,
    -Brett

    Leave a comment:


  • Brettster
    replied
    Originally posted by wokman View Post
    Thanks guys.. Is the general consensus that P3Pro is much better than Optishot. I cant find UK prices for P3P, so have dropped them a note.
    I got a half decent price for Optishot 2 and this may swing the balance to them. From a setup point of view it looks like they are very similar, so all the ideas mentioned above should work.
    I have read that the lightening for Optishot is critical, so will be interesting to see how it works here..
    Well, it's more accurate according to about everyone that has played both, here's some more details...
    ---

    P3 (65 optical sensors)
    There are a few different versions of the P3Pro system, there is the Economy version $799 (20 courses with a 6 months warranty), which would be about: 525 Pounds in UK:
    (See P3ProSwing.com website)

    Tthen you have the Pro X Plus system $1,399 with (132 courses and a 2 year warranty) which is about in 920 Pounds in the UK:
    (See P3ProSwing.com website)

    Here's a full comparison of all the P3Pro systems:


    From what I understand there are several advantages to P3Pro over Optishot. 1.) P3Pro already has online play, 2.) P3Pro seems to be updated regularly (as in every month or so), 3.) P3Pro has 65 sensors, while Optishot has 2 rows of LED sensors. 4.) P3Pro offers an optional launch angle camera giving even more accurate data,

    Here's a recent forum link from P3Pro with one guys opinion:


    The OptiShot is a club tracker (detailed information, but less accurate than a ball tracker or launch angle monitor, and sensitive to lighting conditions, texture and painted clubs).

    Here's the total breakdown - there's no way I would consider OptiShot, it's just too inaccurate, I would go with the P3Pro and the Pro X Plus System if you really want to get accurate:
    --
    Optishot $400 (club tracker):
    ============
    clubhead speed
    face angle
    swing path
    distance traveled
    face contact
    swing tempo
    shot shape

    Practice and Play (up to 4 players)
    -online play is coming, but not yet available

    * stickers/tape may be required to track club, even then may have trouble tracking drivers.

    P3Pro Economy - $800 (club tracker with launch angle/camera input available):
    ============
    hit distance
    carrry distance
    club speed
    ball speed
    swing tempo
    left/right center
    left/right path
    toe/heel height

    Practice and Play (up to 8 players)
    - Video Capture/swing analysis software
    - online play


    * stickers may be required to track club, patented P3 taping system can read any club.
    --

    Here's a great video that compares the Optishot vs. P3Pro. It does a fairly good job, but the video is over 1 year old, so as for graphics in P3Pro, they may be enhanced by now, and as for online play with OptiShot - it's planned, but there's nothing I can find for online play yet with OptiShot:

    Leave a comment:


  • Brettster
    replied
    Hi Wokman,

    P3 (65 optical sensors)
    There are a few different versions of the P3Pro system, there is the Economy version $799 (20 courses with a 6 months warranty), which would be about: 525 Pounds in UK:


    Tthen you have the Pro X Plus system $1,399 with (132 courses and a 2 year warranty) which is about in 920 Pounds in the UK:


    Here's a full comparison of all the P3Pro systems:


    From what I understand there are several advantages to P3Pro over Optishot. 1.) P3Pro already has online play, 2.) P3Pro seems to be updated regularly (as in every month or so), 3.) P3Pro has 65 sensors, while Optishot has 2 rows of LED sensors. 4.) P3Pro offers an optional launch angle camera giving even more accurate data,

    Here's a recent forum link from P3Pro with one guys opinion:


    The OptiShot is a club tracker (detailed information, but less accurate than a ball tracker or launch angle monitor, and sensitive to lighting conditions, texture and painted clubs).

    Here's the total breakdown - there's no way I would consider OptiShot, it's just too inaccurate, I would go with the P3Pro and the Pro X Plus System if you really want to get accurate:
    --
    Optishot $400 (club tracker):
    ============
    clubhead speed
    face angle
    swing path
    distance traveled
    face contact
    swing tempo
    shot shape

    Practice and Play (up to 4 players)
    -online play is coming, but not yet available

    * stickers/tape may be required to track club, even then may have trouble tracking drivers.

    P3Pro Economy - $800 (club tracker with launch angle/camera input available):
    ============
    hit distance
    carrry distance
    club speed
    ball speed
    swing tempo
    left/right center
    left/right path
    toe/heel height

    Practice and Play (up to 8 players)
    - Video Capture/swing analysis software
    - online play


    * stickers may be required to track club, patented P3 taping system can read any club.
    --

    Here's a great video that compares the Optishot vs. P3Pro. It does a fairly good job, but the video is over 1 year old, so as for graphics in P3Pro, they may be enhanced by now, and as for online play with OptiShot - it's planned, but there's nothing I can find for online play yet with OptiShot:

    Leave a comment:

Working...