New here... Hello from the UK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wokman
    replied
    Thanks guys.. Is the general consensus that P3Pro is much better than Optishot. I cant find UK prices for P3P, so have dropped them a note.
    I got a half decent price for Optishot 2 and this may swing the balance to them. From a setup point of view it looks like they are very similar, so all the ideas mentioned above should work.
    I have read that the lightening for Optishot is critical, so will be interesting to see how it works here..

    Leave a comment:


  • Brettster
    replied
    Wokman, here's one more video that may be a bit more practical for you, it shows how someone setup the P3Pro system and a 'fold-up' stance mat, to squeeze it all into a single, or 1 1/2 Garage (by USA standards). Very nice work, and an option that I am also considering:

    Leave a comment:


  • Brettster
    replied
    Hey Wokman,

    Originally posted by wokman View Post
    . I dont think i will be able to project onto that, but for the time being, will use a laptop to run the shots. Next up will be the projector and possibly a shower curtain from Argos
    You don't really need one if you setup the net in front of a white wall, you project onto the wall that way. I just saw a great youtube video of a guy who built one of these in his garage (here in the USA), check it out here, maybe it will give you some ideas:


    Also, while others may balk at cheap sims, I'm in the same boat. You may also want to look at one more option, the P3Pro comes in at around $799 USD, and already has Live Online play and tournaments, check it here on Amazon:


    Or, find the Specs for a computer setup from the P3Pro website at:
    Operating Systems supported: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (or above) Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Windows 10 Hardware Requirements 2Ghz+ multi-core processor 4GB+ RAM DVD Drive on the computer 512MB+ Dedicated (Discreet) graphics card* 35...


    Good luck, let me know what you decide...

    Thanks,
    -Brett

    Leave a comment:


  • wokman
    replied
    GC2 is a distant dream,, Spoke to someone selling the ProTee in the UK, it worked out to about £4K.
    So looks like it is Optishot 2 for me.. at about 350 quid, I can just about squeeze past the Mrs. Re the netting, I cant find anything cheap, so planning to get regular golf net & impact nets from http://www.networld-sports.co.uk/onl...act-panel.html... I dont think i will be able to project onto that, but for the time being, will use a laptop to run the shots. Next up will be the projector and possibly a shower curtain from Argos

    Leave a comment:


  • p3eps
    replied
    A new GC2 was a little over $6k... but the UK price is £6475 including VAT.
    Perhaps the price will come down a bit now that SkyTrak is on the go and will be offering full simulation?

    My net / curtains came from www.golftechsystems.com. The projected image is reasonable, but I think it would be much better with a balistic type screen.
    One day I'll upgrade it when I eventually get enough time to get some proper use out of it! For now, it works well though.

    Golf is an expensive hobby anyway, and golf simulation is way more expensive than the real thing!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • wokman
    replied
    Originally posted by p3eps View Post
    Have a look at my build thread: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...lator-build-uk

    I started in the same position as you trying to kit out my double garage in the UK. I'm still finalising my setup with some ceiling protection and then maybe some form of soundproofing (as my wife complains about the noise!), but my setup is very usable just now. My main issue is finding time to use it with a 9 week old baby!!

    Thnx p3eps, your post is very useful.. I am pretty much following your footsteps (expect the baby part).. Would be very useful to know where you sourced all your kit from.
    I would love to have a GC2, but wont get it cleared by the Mrs - esp since the money in the pot is going towards the kitchen
    Hence thinking of going down the Optishot 2 route. At 400 quid it is not cheap, but way less than the GC2. I havent seen the US pricing for the GC2, but fleabay says about $3-5K.

    Leave a comment:


  • p3eps
    replied
    Have a look at my build thread: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...lator-build-uk

    I started in the same position as you trying to kit out my double garage in the UK. I'm still finalising my setup with some ceiling protection and then maybe some form of soundproofing (as my wife complains about the noise!), but my setup is very usable just now. My main issue is finding time to use it with a 9 week old baby!!

    Leave a comment:


  • wokman
    started a topic New here... Hello from the UK

    New here... Hello from the UK

    Hello everyone from (Old) England. Always wanted to have a golf sim, but houses this side of the pond are generally very small. Recently moved into a place where we have a double garage. It is 5m wide x 5m deep (5m = approx 16feet) but just shy of 8feet tall. Currently looking to increase the height to approx 10feet - thats the tradeoff achieved with the Mrs who wants to have new kitchen. It will be a few months before that happens, but am keen to get started on the sim, so that my 6 yr old die hard golf loving Jr can start hitting a few balls.

    While, most of the posts on the forum are very useful, they are more applicable for the US. I am trying to create a decent entry level sim and am wondering where can I find some of these supplies in the UK. I have a range mat from my course.. Now looking at the Screens and Enclosure. Currently looking to go down the Optishot 2 route - this can change as I learn more about sims. While we currently dont park our car in the garage, would need to have some form of flexibility to do in the future. So hoping to use no more than half of the garage for this. Looking to keep everything under £1K for everything and happy to go second hand on most things.

    All thoughts welcome... and Hello again.
Working...