Blend turf to hitting mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blend turf to hitting mat

I’m debating on whether or not to do away with my hitting mat. I’ve got a Fiberbuilt 9' x 4' Studio Golf Mat for the hitting area, and have Turf Factory Direct Putting Elite Turf on the way. I’m using dricore subfloor and have a uneekor QED begging to be hooked up. Is there a relatively easy way to blend the room turf to the stance turf, or should I just use the 1x4 impact turf section and have a flat putting surface?
    Attached Files

difficult question to answer and one I had myself. Benefit of smooth putting surface and hittin insert is the ability to change insert when worn out and flat clean look. Downside is possible wear from your feet on the stance area and you have to be perfect with your measurements/committed to hitting position setup when you make the cutout. I elected ( coz I didn't want to deal iwth cutouts) to just put my turf putting elite down and put my stance mat on top which already had a cutout for the insert. It allows me to change inserts as needed as I am still not sure which is the best. Stance mat can be replaced if worn out. I do like the clean look of one turf and not mat sitting on top of it. You can also recess your hitting mat/insert into the putting turf for a clean look.

Comment

Working...
    X