Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

I’m lost guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m lost guys

I’m either dumb or y’all are superhero’s with this stuff. So impressed with everyone’s knowledge and DIY skills.

I’ve made a lot of progress, but the projector part is throwing me for a loop. I was going to do floor mounted but y’all convinced me otherwise.

Here is my setup. 10X10X5 enclosure from spectrum golf with a 9x9 screen. The paintbrush in the picture marks the center point (or close to) where my screen will be.

I plan on setting the back of the net/screen approx 6-12 inches from back wall with some gym mats behind.

I plan to hit approx 9 feet from screen maybe 10.

My ceiling height from screen to 13 feet away is 11.5 feet tall. Then there is a beam that drops to 10 feet tall.

I was thinking the optima 1080/1090hdr at first but it appears as though they will be really shot throw (like <5 feet) which won’t work with my net enclosure.

I feel like directly over the ball would be the best place to put it or 1-2 feet in front? So call it 7-9 feet from screen.

So when I go to projector central and search I get a bunch of discontinued items or projectors I’ve never seen discussed here except the new benq tk700.

I get that I don’t get a nice wide screen with what I can set up currently...but I feel like it’s hanging me up with projector choice.

Am I missing anything?

Attached Files
    Last edited by cgdavis_2; 05-04-2021, 02:22 AM.

Have you looked at the BenQ671ST?

Would mount 9 feet away for your screen size (in 4:3 aspect ratio), so right over your hitting location. As long as you have good control over the lighting (which should be easy; just cover the enclosure in blackout curtains).

https://www.projectorcentral.com/Ben...ulator-pro.htm
    Last edited by 3on3putt; 05-04-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Check out Viewsonic PX701 4k great projector at a great price 1.5 throw ratio with vertical and horizontal shift and 4 corner adjustment. For under 1K

Comment

Originally posted by BullsEyeRick View Post
        Check out Viewsonic PX701 4k great projector at a great price 1.5 throw ratio with vertical and horizontal shift and 4 corner adjustment. For under 1K
        Projector central says this would have to be mounted 19’ away for a 9’ wide imagine. He was hoping for half that roughly

Comment

• BullsEyeRick
          BullsEyeRick commented
          Editing a comment
          1.5 throw ratio so for 10’ needs to be 15’ for 14’ needs to be 21’

• 3on3putt
          3on3putt commented
          Editing a comment
          BullsEyeRick -- In 16:9 yes you are correct. But with a 9x9 screen I would assume he'll go 4:3, which pushes it back to about a 2.0 throw ratio.

Originally posted by Stetson View Post

Projector central says this would have to be mounted 19’ away for a 9’ wide imagine. He was hoping for half that roughly
        Yeah it would be 19 feet away from his screen (in 4:3) and has a 97 inch vertical offset. Not sure how that's going to work lol.

cgdavis -- That BenQ 671 is probably your best bet for your setup. The 5 foot deep enclosures can sometimes make things tricky for projectors but this BenQ has a vertical offset of only a couple inches. You have plenty of ceiling height for it. It's not the brightest at only 3,000 lumens but most users report it performing brighter than advertised. And like I said, just encase that enclosure with blackout curtains on all sides to really box that screen in and it should work great for you. A lot of people here have that same projector and it generally gets good reviews.
        Last edited by 3on3putt; 05-04-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I’ll check out that benq. I wonder why it didn’t pull up in my search on projector central.

Comment

It does look like that TH671ST does look like the best Option I can find for 108” width 4:3 with 8-10 feet away. I’ve searched for a couple hours and that seems to be the winner. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X