Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @sb944 winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - CIMB Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - TGC Tour Classic with 2 rounds at Coeur D Alene (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...c-tour-classic
See more
See less

Par2Pro Golf Simulators & Analyzers - helping customers for over 10 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Par2Pro Golf Simulators & Analyzers - helping customers for over 10 years

Par2Pro is proud to offer the World's Largest Selection of Golf Simulators, Analyzers and Components.
    Whether you are looking for just one piece to complete your DIY project or want a full custom simulator installed and ready to play, Par2Pro can help you!

We take the hassle out of finding a system that is right for you...
    Our goal is to match the perfect system specific to your needs - even if it isn't a system we sell.
    Call us today at 1-877-417-2161 for your FREE, no-hassle consultation or visit our website at www.par2pro.com!

You can also check out some of the great posts from our customers on this or many other websites.
    Last edited by Par2Pro; 08-29-2017, 04:25 PM.

Welcome Cory!!! Although I've never purchased from Par2Pro ... Being a reseller of Sims in Australia, spoke to Cory over the years and always got great feedback , ideas and honesty.

Comment

I'm in the UK and worked with Cory at Par2Pro to build most of my simulator setup.
      I sourced my frame locally, and gave Cory the sizes. He custom made everything for me, shipped it over... and I simply put it into place.
      Screen, backing net, drapes, drape tracks, ceiling net, masking trim... the whole lot - including zip ties and bungees!
      Everything fitted together perfectly, and it was a pleasure dealing with Cory. His knowledge and experience were second to none.
      Highly recommended!

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-simulator-uk

Comment

Why did you not order from GolfTech or GolfSwing in UK?

Comment

• p3eps
          p3eps commented
          Editing a comment
          My original archery weave setup was from Golf Tech Systems (which was awful), and I spoke with both them and Golf Swing Systems about doing my V2 setup and neither could offer me what I wanted or seemed bothered about wanting to help. Neither had the experience or foresight that Cory @ Par2Pro did. If I wasn't prepared to accept their subpar setups, then they weren't interested.

Par2Pro were recommended by several people on this forum, and did a great job. One thing I've learned over the years is that you get what you pay for. Yes, the Par2Pro setup was expensive, but the quality is top grade, and so was the expertise that came with it.

There was a lesson learned through all this. Don't scrimp and save... just pay to have it done right the first time, as it'll save you having to pay more to do it a second time!

Thanks for the info. I've purchased an expensive setup from GolfTech, I will be interested to see if it is any good. I purchased a 2nd hand Protee simulator but the enclosure was too big which was a pity as the enclosure and screen were in very good condition so I ordered a smaller setup from GolfTech. Looked impressive online and I wanted a setup that displays the image 100% onto screen which is hard to source. Will be interesting to compare it to Protee quality. I will post a review on here when I have it up and running.

Comment

• p3eps
          p3eps commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had a quick look at their website and am pleased to see they've moved on from archery weave. When I asked almost 2 years ago, they didn't do anything else, and were talking about the possibility of a ballistic screen for over £1000. They also didn't recommend HD projectors as they made no difference to the quality of the picture!
          The side curtains were thin and cheap feeling - although they can charge a fortune for their setup as there isn't any real competition here in the UK to make them price their kit accordingly.
          If you look on the link I posted above, you'll see the quality of stuff I got from them.

The quality of the equipment I got from Par2Pro is chalk and cheese when compared to what I got from Golf Tech.

Finding something that fits the screen 100% isn't difficult. It's just a case of making the screen the correct size for the aspect ratio of the projector. People generally like to make their screen as big as possible, and then end up with white bits that aren't filled as a result of this.

The fact that they make an enclosure that needs a metal pole through the bottom of it and a false floor to cover it just shows how amateur golf sim companies in the UK are.

I thought it was a few years ago so I'm glad it is not a recent purchase you made from them. My Protee which cost the original owner £22k had a bar along bottom and a raised floor using golf mats. The bar kept the screen super tight and thus screen looked fantastic. It was the one thing I wanted for the enclosure which goes to show you the different things people look for. The mats (a few inches thick) make the enclosure look fantastic better than any enclosure I have seen, far better than a raised floor but there is a cost involved, the mats cost me £2k on it's on direct from China (cut in factory for Protee hitting and putting mats) as the original enclosure only had 4 mats and I wanted to cover the entire floor.

I will post a review when I have it setup in a few weeks time but I'm hoping It will be at least as good as original Protee simulator which sells these days for £30k.

Comment

• p3eps
          p3eps commented
          Editing a comment
          This thread was meant to be an advert from Par2Pro advertising what they do. I've simply commented some good feedback on it - and now it's turned into a "mine is better and more expensive than yours" thread unfortunately. This would have been better placed in my own build thread I think.

You asked why I didn't go with the 2 UK companies, and I gave you my honest answer. I dealt with Golf Tech Systems originally about 3 years ago with my first setup. I went back to them about a year ago when doing my second setup to ask some questions. The answer was essentially that they offer a specific setup and don't have the diversity or expertise to adapt their product for other applications. I would have liked to buy from the UK, but no one could offer what I wanted. Par2Pro could.
          For me, Golf Tech Systems are providing mediocre materials at a premium cost because they're selling it as a complete enclosure. An easy option for someone wanting to buy something 'out of the box' without having to do any DIY.

Yes, you're right. Everyone has their own agenda, and their own ideas on what they want. What's good for one isn't necessarily good for another.
          As per my build thread, my main objective was to have a retractable setup. A bar at the bottom of the frame would make it very difficult to retract, and a false floor would lose height and be difficult to remove too. I had both of these in my original setup and was desperate to get rid of them.
          A ProTee system would be no use for me either as it needs specific placement of lights and cameras. I own both ProTee and TGC software, and don't particularly like either of them - so I'm glad I have the options of FSX / E6 / JNPG as a GC2 owner. Perhaps TGC2 will solve some of the 'arcade game' gripes I have with TGC, but time will tell.

Anyway... good luck getting your setup together. The reason I posted my build thread was because there was very little information on golf simulators in the UK 3 years ago when I started this. If I'd been able to read my V1 build v's my V2 threads before starting, it might have saved me from making some mistakes, and essentially saved me a lot of time and money!

I wasn't having a go, I just wanted to clarify your comments regarding bad quality issues from the company I purchased an expensive enclosure from which is more expensive than PartoPro. If I had of known your experience was1-3 years ago I would not have asked you for more info on this but thanks for you input. I will post a link to confirm GolfTech quality in a few weeks in build section, I'm hoping it will be the opposite of your bad experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor-247-golf View Post
          Welcome Cory!!! Although I've never purchased from Par2Pro ... Being a reseller of Sims in Australia, spoke to Cory over the years and always got great feedback , ideas and honesty.
          Thanks Igor - it's been a pleasure discussing ideas, options, testing results, etc. and excited for many more years to come

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post
            I'm in the UK and worked with Cory at Par2Pro to build most of my simulator setup.
            I sourced my frame locally, and gave Cory the sizes. He custom made everything for me, shipped it over... and I simply put it into place.
            Screen, backing net, drapes, drape tracks, ceiling net, masking trim... the whole lot - including zip ties and bungees!
            Everything fitted together perfectly, and it was a pleasure dealing with Cory. His knowledge and experience were second to none.
            Highly recommended!

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-simulator-uk
            Thank you so much for your kind words - very happy that you got the best setup for your needs

Comment

Working...
            X