X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Par2Pro SQHQ Screen - UK - 175" x 119" - Unused

Hi everyone...

Posting this again, as I posted in the wrong section.

I am selling a Par2Pro SQHQ screen - which is in the UK. One of the, if not THE best screens on the market. Thick, quiet, durable... and has never had a ball hit at it.

It was made to go on my SportScreen, however there was an error in manufacturing and they forgot to put my Velcro down the sides for attaching my drapes.
    Par2Pro sent me out another one as per my spec - so I have this one spare.

The screen is 175" wide (approx 4.45m) x 119" tall (approx 3.02m). It has a 0.75" black web along the bottom, and 4" of white Velcro at the top (on the back side). The black web is hollow, so you can attach a bungee right through it. There is an eyelet at either side at the bottom - at just over 1" high. There is also Velcro at the back of the eyelet, approximately 2" high on the side hem.

I fitted it to my SportScreen before realising my side Velcro was missing. I used it to align my projector, took a couple of photos, and then took it down again.

Screen cost $1199.83, plus $200 shipping from USA to UK, plus I paid almost £90 in import fees.

Looking to sell for around £500 including delivery to a UK address.... which is less than half its value.

Screen fitted with projector on it...

Webbing at the bottom

Hemmed edges

Eyelet and stitching of the Velcro round about. Also showing the 4" of Velcro at the top on the back of the screen.

Strip of 2 x 2" Velcro (4" of Velcro) along the full length of the top at the back.

[/QUOTE]

So the manufacture messed up, they are sending you a new one (probably at no cost), and you are trying to profit on the messed up one? And apparently the screen is broke or missing some Velcro so you are trying to sell a defective screen for about half the price?

Comment

• Stingreye
      Stingreye commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless par2pro wanted to pay for freight to get it back or unless they asked for proof that he destroyed it in the field, I don’t see an issue selling it “as is”. Seems to disclose the issues properly and unless par2pro has an issue, I don’t see any problems selling it.

• Wizard of Coz
      Wizard of Coz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a great deal! Wish it was closer.

Nice screen tho, wish you were shipping to the US and selling for $200, since it is the dimensions I need, Id be interested,

Comment

Originally posted by izzy6776 View Post
      So the manufacture messed up, they are sending you a new one (probably at no cost), and you are trying to profit on the messed up one? And apparently the screen is broke or missing some Velcro so you are trying to sell a defective screen for about half the price?
      Yes, that’s correct. The manufacturer messed up for MY SPEC, and said that I could either sew Velcro on myself or sell it.
      As it was their manufacturing team that messed up, they sent a replacement FOC. As above, the shipping cost to return would probably be uneconomical to return to Canada from the UK.

Most people using the Par2Pro Stealth / SportScreen setup don’t need this Velcro. I do, as I’m utilising the drapes that I purchased from Par2Pro a few years back.
      The drawings that I signed off had the Velcro on the screen, and it was missed. There is NOTHING defective about this screen - other than its not to MY specification.

Over the last 4 years, I’ve spent a lot of money with Par2Pro from buying a GC2, several screens, drapes and many nets, simulator pieces etc.

Why should I not sell it and try and get some of my money back? Cory said he was happy for me to do this as part of my inconvenience. If you knew the hassle I’ve had with this whole setup, then I’m sure you wouldn’t be judging!

Last edited by p3eps; 04-30-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• izzy6776
        izzy6776 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahhh i see, I understand I would probably be doing the same thing. Nice setup. Where did you get that light on the ceiling near the projector, how do you like it? Good amount of light focused on the hitting area?

I’ve been golfing in my garage for a little over 4 and a half years. In this time I’ve been continually evolving my setup - with this being the third “restart”. I have 2 other build threads kicking about on this site. My V2 build thread can be found here: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/build-your

Comment

Light is from Amazon and works fine. I have a high powered LED bulb in it which gives off the perfect amount of light.
        Not sure if the link below will work, as I looked in my Amazon history, and clicked ‘share this’!

SLV 132021 SPOT 79 230V wall and... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000TUK6...p_mob_ap_share

Comment

Bump, and price reduction!
          Looking for around £425. Open to sensible offers.

Comment

Hi p3eps is this still available?

Comment

Originally posted by Gark View Post
              Hi p3eps is this still available?
              I don’t have this one, but have an almost identical one that was also manufactured not quite to my spec. It has had a few balls hit at it (less than 50), but is still like new.

It’s been in my loft for over a year (in the protective plastic bag it was shipped in). I’d have to go back through my emails to find the exact spec of this one.
              I think it’s maybe about 1” shorter in total, and has a white hemmed bottom rather than a black strip.
              I think from memory it has 2” of Velcro on the back for attaching to the Sportscreen rather than 4”.

Here is a photo of it hung up...

Click image for larger version

Name:	3AA770D9-6CD4-4BF0-AF37-B34786F49326.jpeg
Views:	716
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	276200

Comment

My only concern is how the SQHQ screen would look after being rolled up for a year in a loft. Is it rolled up or folded/ creased? Would the surface spoil? If it’s a good-un i’m interested! PM me the specs when you can.
                P.S. thanks for posting about your setup it’s been very helpful in working out mine!

Comment

They arrive from Par2Pro in a cube shaped box - lightly folded. It’s made of a spongy type feeling material, so won’t never fold flat and crease - like a shirt! It almost feels like neoprene to touch.

When you hang them out of the box, it’s advise to leave it to settle for a while, and then go over any creases with a clothes steamer. I bought one specifically for this, and it made it much better. If you were to look at mine really closely, you might see some minor creases in it - but you’d never see them from hitting distance, especially when there’s an image on it.

The spec of this screen is identical to the one listed above - other than its 4” shorter, has a white hemmed bottom (with a pouch if you wanted to put a bungee through it), and the top Velcro is a single 2” strip on the back rather than 2 x 2” strips.

I’ll see if I can get it down from the loft (probably won’t be until tomorrow evening at best) and lay it out on my lounge floor and take some pics. Hopefully they’ll show up any creases.

Comment

That’s great no rush required. Before you go up there I live in Northern Ireland so hopefully no issues with your courier.

I emailed Par2Pro asking what they would expect from material stored for 6+ months in loft. This was their response “While the material's durability shouldn't change in storage (unless the storage area has environmental issues like moisture, etc.), there would be creases from folding. Most creases can come out with a steamer; however, if stored that long, there are no guarantees that the creases will come out.”

Comment

Sorry - it’s taken me a few days to get this, but I’ve now got the screen down from the lost and had a look at it.

It’s in a sealed bag, and I’ve taken half out to examine. I didn’t want to take the whole thing out, as that would involve laying it out on the floor. Although I’m pretty sure my lounge floor is clean, I don’t want to risk getting any extra marks onto it. When I got it from Par2Pro, it was hung straight from the bag... and put back into the bag without touching the floor!

There is no change in colour to the material, and it feels exactly like my other one that’s hanging. There are some creases from folding - but I wouldn’t say they’re much worse than how my screen arrived new.
                      I have a new build house, so my loft is dry and clean, with no damp.

I’d be confident that with a decent steamer, you could have this screen pretty much crease free. There may be a few traces left over - but you wouldn’t see them when the image is projected.
                      I’ve still got a couple of hairline creases on mine over a year after fitting - but I don’t notice them, and don’t feel they detract from the image any.

I’ve attached a couple of photos of the creases so you can see what I’m talking about.

Comment

Okay you seem confident enough about it I’ll take the risk for the right price! How much are you asking for it, delivered to me included?

Comment

I’ll do it for £400 all in. That’s 1/3rd of what it’d cost new.
                          That includes FedEx next day delivery to UK mainland.

Comment

Working...
                          X