Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mevo+ Plugged in vs Not Plugged In: Interesting Discovery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mevo+ Plugged in vs Not Plugged In: Interesting Discovery!

Interesting experiment tonight. Mevo+ has been pretty solid, but putting and chipping readings have not been great. I downloaded the flightscope interference app.

First picture was Mevo+ plugged in using extension cord (lots of interference) and second was with Mevo+ plugged into battery pack (no interference).

Performance was great with battery pack and lots of no reads on putts when plugged in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5466.jpg
Views:	4659
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	291771

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5465.jpg
Views:	4322
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	291772

Really interesting findings! I'd imagine a ton of people have this same problem...

Can you describe the setup without the battery pack? Is the mevo+ plugged directly into a 110 wall plug, is it plugged into a power-strip?

There are devices called UPS(uninterruptable Power Supplies), and they do a lot of filtering/rectifying to clean up the voltage from a noisy outlet plug. They are kind of expensive, but may be worth it if it solves a lot of peoples problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JackedUpSwing View Post
      Really interesting findings! I'd imagine a ton of people have this same problem...

Can you describe the setup without the battery pack? Is the mevo+ plugged directly into a 110 wall plug, is it plugged into a power-strip?

There are devices called UPS(uninterruptable Power Supplies), and they do a lot of filtering/rectifying to clean up the voltage from a noisy outlet plug. They are kind of expensive, but may be worth it if it solves a lot of peoples problem.
      In the plugged in setup, it is plugged in via extension cord directly from outlet - no power strip. I am going to try a different extension cord for my next test.

Comment

Wow, that is crazy. You would think they would try to make it widely known to minimize this and improve the end users experience.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
          JackedUpSwing commented
          Editing a comment
          What's crazy is they could provide a power cord that has some kind of filtering, that would probably cost them like ~$10 and not have any of these issues.

Totally following this thread... I havent had time to try the interference test yet, hoping to do some similar testing tonight. I've always used my Mevo+ plugged into an extension cord, never even considered that causing any interference. My Mevo+ works well 90% of the time, but I get small bursts of 3-5 no reads in a row on rare occasions and can't figure out why... maybe this is it!

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
          JackedUpSwing commented
          Editing a comment
          Could be at times when some other device is sucking a lot of current(maybe fridge compressor is coming on, A/C unit, ect.) and creating noise on the circuit.

This is a very interesting finding !

Comment

What power block are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Noob20 View Post
            What power block are you using?
            This one is recommended by FS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MS1B8KQ
            - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
              GungHoGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Be careful! Make sure specs are ~5V and 2.4A output. Can fry your unit with higher numbers.

• Noob20
              Noob20 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you know how long of a use you will get from a fully charged Mevo and this fully charged? I assume this is usable for the SkyTrak as well?

• GungHoGolf
              GungHoGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Mevo+ battery lasts around 1.5 hrs by itself, would expect 2-3 more hours with ext battery. Yes, can be used with SkyTrak as well (SkyTrak battery lasts much longer).

This is a great post, thank you! I've been struggling with my Mevo+ reading puts and short chips and it's been driving me crazy as I've tried everything else I've seen on this forum. I can't wait to try this. Thanks!

Comment

Where do you get that app? Is it available for android or PC? My unit is very reliable past 30 mph.... short chips, pitches and putting ....not so good. What is odd, is that at times the short chip will ready perfectly....and other times with the same type of chip, .....speed, LA, and spin will all be off by a lot. I played a couple of rounds with the Mevo + so far and would guess that the misreads on chipping alone will add about 6 strokes to the round. Not too worried about putting as I bought the unit mostly for outdoor use and side by side testing.

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                Where do you get that app? Is it available for android or PC? My unit is very reliable past 30 mph.... short chips, pitches and putting ....not so good. What is odd, is that at times the short chip will ready perfectly....and other times with the same type of chip, .....speed, LA, and spin will all be off by a lot. I played a couple of rounds with the Mevo + so far and would guess that the misreads on chipping alone will add about 6 strokes to the round. Not too worried about putting as I bought the unit mostly for outdoor use and side by side testing.
                The app was available on the flightscope site. It has since been taken down for unknown reasons. Let me look on my other computer to see if I still have the installer and I can upload on a file sharing site.

Comment

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks...... that would be good.

Here is the link to file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u72c8xd3cf...1.0.1.exe?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                  misreads on chipping alone will add about 6 strokes to the round.
                  Thats what mulligans were made for.

Seriously though, I used to have the same issue and I am trying to figure out if it got better when I got my replacement unit or started using the battery pack because both happened about the same time. I will have to try the extension cord again and see but I can’t use the program on the iPad. If the chipping and other issues return, then FS you’s got some splaining to do.

Comment

Knickerbocker , how did you connect to the Mevo+ from the application? I see TCP and Serial, tried the IP of the Mevo+ as it was connected via its own wifi, but no joy. USB to the charging port?
                    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Originally posted by GungHoGolf View Post
                      Knickerbocker , how did you connect to the Mevo+ from the application? I see TCP and Serial, tried the IP of the Mevo+ as it was connected via its own wifi, but no joy. USB to the charging port?
                      On the app, I selected TCP, then find device and then connect and it worked.

Comment

Working...
                      X