Mevo+ Putting Success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mevo+ Putting Success?

I just got my Mevo+ about a week and a half ago and overall have been having a good time. However I have struggled with the really short game. I dread anything under 60' to the pin. While I have made some adjustments to my setup to make sure my hitting mat and Mevo+ are more on an even surface which has helped quite a bit with chipping. I have still found putting is nearly impossible. I have run the environment app and the only interference I get is when I am charging and its still green. I have taken my mevo and put it on my basement floor so its all even and tried short putts with no success. I can get long 40-50' long putts to register about 1/3 of the time. I have tried other individuals hacks of grounding my club but no success. At the moment I am using E6 connect and would be interested in TGC2019 in the future. However I dont see a lot of options of joining online events if I can't putt.

And nothing is more frustrating than being on the fringe of one side of the green, chip 15', have it roll 40' to the other side of the green and start..all...over...again=(

"I have run the environment app and the only interference I get is when I am charging and its still green."

So is there a point when the mevo is fully charged and plugged in that you get no interference?

Comment

I find that if you really shorten your follow through....putting seems to work really well. This is bug where the system is mistakenly getting club data and ball data mixed up. Another thing that may be helpful for FS..... If they delay the measurement of the putt for a split second....... and maybe only pick up the ball speed and direction when the ball is 3 feet away from the strike. I personally don't like stopping my follow through in order for the putt to read.

Comment

I got an update from Flightscope and they suggest putting between 4-5' from the and setting the angle to 7 degrees and try that. I plan on testing this tonight.

Keither5150, you mention seeing the putting within the FS app, I dont see an option within FS Golf to select the putting, is there another app that I am missing?

Thanks

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the confusion..... I am putting with TGC 2019. I have only hit about 4 or 5 shots on the app. I will try the 7 degrees as well. That makes sense.

• a98cr125
          a98cr125 commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet they meant 7ft unit to ball, not 7 degrees.

So are they saying to try and Sim at 7°, or just adjust the mevo from 12° to 7° everytime you want to putt?

Comment

I have finally found consistent putting reading by setting Mevo+ at 11 degrees and having it set 7 foot to ball in settings for both full strikes and putting. That is on TGC19.

Comment

• Noob20
            Noob20 commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you know it's set to 11 degrees? I'm struggling with my setup, because I don't really understand the tilt, and zeroing out the roll etc. My surface is my surface, I can't change that so what parameters am I adjusting, and how am I doing that?

• JakeGeezy
            JakeGeezy commented
            Editing a comment
            I would recommend getting on FS Golf app before connecting to your computer and check the tilt and roll. Tilt is the angle and roll is how level your unit is. I use a small piece of paper to level it out. You can also find the tilt in the computer TGC Interface under settings.

Originally posted by Knickerbocker View Post
          I have finally found consistent putting reading by setting Mevo+ at 11 degrees and having it set 7 foot to ball in settings for both full strikes and putting. That is on TGC19.
          That's great to hear! Is it reading the short chips as well?

Comment

That is good news! I will try playing a round at 11° and see how it goes.

Comment

As a side note, I wonder if lowering the mevo to 11° will help with low 3 wood shots reading better... I find my shots with my 3 wood are very inconsistent, they almost always struggle to get any height and are usually stopped short by the brutal first bounce.

Comment

That is good to know, I will try that as well!

Knickerbocker, they did not suggest changing back and forth, just setting the unit to 7 degree's and see how that works. It does concern me if it will impact the rest of my hits.

Comment

I've gone through the range of emotions with putting since I was the first batch or orders for mevo+. Now I'm getting putting to be very consistent and actually enjoy putting. Here's what I have found works for me:

- Definitely shorten your forward swing. The shorter the foreswing, the faster the ball will go and with a higher degree of triggering the mevo+. I don't ground my club immediately, but I do shorten my foreswing. Remember, mevo+ likes differentials in velocity to pinpoint which moving object is the ball so stopping your putter allows mevo+ to identify the ball.
                  - I putt from 4.5 feet from the mevo+.
                  - My golf ball is aligned more to the left side of the mevo+ when looking at the mevo+ (so the opposite side as the camera).
                  - Fast Putting setting is set to 0 in the settings of the TGC Interface.
                  -My angle is between 11 and 12 degrees. Never any more (and may try it a bit lower after reading these).
                  - My greens are set to a 3 on the stimp. The slower the green, the harder you have to hit it, the easier it is for the mevo+ to see it.
                  -Mevo+ is set on the highest level of sensitivity for putts and chips so any moving parts in front of, or above, the mevo will impact it.

Hang in there and keep tinkering. You will get it.

Comment

As per the FS webinar today a fix is in the works from E-6 that should be out in the first week or 2 of December. Also in the webinar the estimated spin issue was addressed and they are working on it. It is actually nice to hear them admit these issues are real and we are not crazy

Comment

• JayJo13
                      JayJo13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did they say what the E6 fix is going to address? And this fix is coming from E6 or Flightscope?

• Shankz
                      Shankz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The connection fix is coming from E-6

Great information from everyone. I did test putting last night with 11 degree's and putting between 4-5' from the unit and had a lot more success. Going to keep at it and will be looking forward to the software updates coming soon from E-6.

Comment

I also played a round with 3 friends yesterday at 11° and only had 1 no read putt which was pretty amazing. I also had the mevo plugged in the whole time and despite that environmental interference app telling me I was getting tons of interference. Not sure what to make of that but I like how well its working!

Comment

I downloaded the creative golf demo, and I must say that the putt works very well, it has a double function for short or medium long putt..

when it is in short putt mode it also reads me a roll of less than 1mt.

Mevo plus at 17 degrees and for the putt from 1.30 mt to mevo, I use well putt mat.

It’s read the chip very well too.

has anyone tried it?

Comment

Working...
                        X