TGC range numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC range numbers

I took some time at the range on TGC with Mevo+ and the numbers are really high. I am hitting the 3 wood 270+ off the deck. I don't think the swing speed is far off but the smash factor may be a bit high. I rarely hit it over 250. The irons can really be off. I hit irons pretty long but this thing has me hitting 7 iron 200 yds. I know hitting off mats takes some spin off the ball but i am still getting pretty good spin numbers. I would say I am getting an added 10-20% distance. Anyone else experiencing this?

I've experienced the same thing and it's only on TGC. I just bought it last week and it is noticeable longer than E6. On E6 I hit my driver about 275 which is typical of a good drive on course. I'll hit driver on TGC 290 a few times a round which would be a 1% of the time occurrence IRL.

Comment

i think TGC and E6 use different flight algorithms - agree TGC goes farther. With woods, a large part of the difference is roll. the carry numbers are closer, i think

Comment

• fortner28
        fortner28 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree I get far more roll out on TGC than real life and try to just watch the carry. I know hitting into a green that the ball is going to roll out far more than my real shots. I get carry numbers that are too high. I will club down on a par 3 and still fly it sometimes. It just makes it hard to play competitive rounds. Maybe I will figure out a way to find more consistency?

I would typically say that my 7 iron distance is around 170 ish. It's my practice iron. My target distance is 172. There have been occasions where I am absolutely flushing shots, hitting the sweet spot, and have had total distances of 200 and just over. This only happens when I am warmed up, and put good solid contact on a very hard draw swing.
      Normally, it's 170-185. I know, quite the gap, but I have problems consistently hitting the sweet spot. It's my new focus.

Comment

• fortner28
        fortner28 commented
        Editing a comment
        7 iron is probably my favorite club. I can hit it 180 when I pure it but TGC will have sessions showing it regularly going 200. I think the problem is that it shows a super high smash factor.

• tinker812
        tinker812 commented
        Editing a comment
        for me, i think the iron flyers are super low backspin numbers.
    Working...
    X