Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will mevo+ pro package enhance your game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will mevo+ pro package enhance your game?

Have had the unit for a year now and like the rest of you are considering upgrading given the cost. One thing I cannot seem to understand is how unlocking the hidden features will help me improve. Not really sure what speed and acceleration profile are, but those do not appear easily connected to what is already outputted.

Admittedly, I am not familiar with using data from higher units. Please help me understand in lay terms how the new data can be used. For reference I shoot 78-83 and fight an over cooked draw which has gotten better with the mevo+.

Thanks!

I probably won't unlock right away unless the discount for existing users is significant - not because I don't think it's worth it, but more because the Mevo is a temporary solution on the way to an overhead monitor like Hawk or EXO. I'm really only interested in the D-plane data so I'd rather achieve the upgrade I want more quickly than unlock extra features I won't fully utilize and whose resale contribution is, as yet, unknown.

Comment

Its the club data. In your case you could use the data to help you understand why you hit an overcooked draw by looking at the club path and face to path numbers. I personally fight being to much in to out with the club path and hitting push fades or overcooked draws because of it. By working on getting the club path data closer to 0 (shooting for 2 degrees in to out or less) I "should" be able to hit proper draws and fades. Assuming the data is accurate, it will be an amazing tool for working on your swing. Honestly not sure how much I will use the other data.

Comment

Thanks for the input bubbs.

Dan, I don't think the club data tells me why I have those misses. That was my point based on the flight of the ball which flightscope confirmed it measures in generating the flight (but does not display them), I know generically my club/swing path and club face based on flight and an understanding of flight laws. What swing mechanic is causing it has been harder to pin down, which is the real why. I also know where I hit it on the face thanks to a dirty net/ball that leaves an impact mark every time. Maybe I am oversimplifying things though.

So it seems the upgrade is more of a nice to have...relative to the upgrade from mevo to mevo+?

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the combination of swing video and D-plane is enough to get a decent handle on things.

As I said before, I think the upgrade is absolutely worth it but I might hold off in favour of flipping to a higher level device that offers even more data this year. If you're planning on keeping yours for a little while, I would definitely consider the Pro package.

You do have to translate the path and face data into some different swing mechanics which can be difficult to figure out no doubt but with the data and some video work I think it is easier to work on the "correct" things. Is your path generally ok but you are closing the face down or is the path too far from the inside while the face is actually ok? You can infer face angle from the H launch and the face to path relationship from the spin axis number so you could certainly live without it but having the actual data has real value. Is it worth $1000? Only in comparison to the personal launch monitor market as it exists today.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackyatx View Post
          Thanks for the input bubbs.

Dan, I don't think the club data tells me why I have those misses. That was my point based on the flight of the ball which flightscope confirmed it measures in generating the flight (but does not display them), I know generically my club/swing path and club face based on flight and an understanding of flight laws. What swing mechanic is causing it has been harder to pin down, which is the real why. I also know where I hit it on the face thanks to a dirty net/ball that leaves an impact mark every time. Maybe I am oversimplifying things though.

So it seems the upgrade is more of a nice to have...relative to the upgrade from mevo to mevo+?
          A good video setup with auto-replay will probably do wonders. But there's some things you won't see on video unless you have a 1000+ FPS camera pointed at impact, like "why am I spinning the crap out of the ball? Oh, because the club face is open 7 degrees".

Comment

The added data won't fix your draw but you will certainly be able to see the data points that indicate it. Spin axis which we already have is a start as I'll assume you're well into the L numbers >5 and maybe even double digits on the bad ones. As others have mentioned and you alluded to, ball flight laws will play out in the swing path and face to path. Draws will be in to out positives for swing path, pull hooks will be the double whammy of closed face to path and in to out swing path.

I'm sure there is way more nuance beyond this but I think these broad strokes hold true.

A coach will be your main fix but the data and additional data can help you focus in on the things to simmer the hook down to the nice baby draw I suspect you want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by banjopete View Post
              A coach will be your main fix but the data and additional data can help you focus in on the things to simmer the hook down to the nice baby draw I suspect you want to see.
              In addition to all of that… you can set the parameters to say you want your path or face or AoA or whatever to be between -3 and -5 (AoA) or 2 to 4 for path, or whatever… and at a glance see a bunch of green or a bunch of red, etc.
              --
              Erik J. Barzeski
              PGA, LSW, 5SK, GE

Comment

Working...
              X