Mevo+ stops arming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mevo+ stops arming

Had the unit for a year or so now and starting to see an issue.

I use it mostly to play TGC 2019. On the odd occasion in the past the unit would stop reading shots, there would be no red light on top, the unit is connected by wi-fi to the PC and the only solution I have is to reboot the Mevo+ and start over. The game can be reloaded, but usually, any guests are lost, which is very embarrassing.

in the last week or so I am now having this issue every round.

I am sure many of you have had this issue as I saw a few threads about it on here, but no definitive solution.

Has anyone managed to get this fixed somehow? and ideas? any quick workarounds?

I will contact support, but a bit concerned that I am now stuck with a unit that is already starting to fail.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    David

My Courses:
    Linlithgow GC
    Askernish Old Course
    Craigilaw Golf Club lid
    West Lothian Golf Club
    Dumbarnie Links
    St Andrews New Course

I don't know if you saw my thread about being unable to get a Ready status in FS Golf, but it turned out to be my phone trying to submit a registration I'd started a month or so prior so it wasn't fully connecting to Mevo+.

Have you tried it with a different PC? Or different WiFi adapter on the same PC? Does a similar session length in FS Golf or Skills also result in intermittent disconnects?

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your good ideas, As a first step I have "forgot" the Mevo wifi on my phone so there is no other receiver or wifi source avail to the Mevo. So far I have gone 2 nights, about 4 rounds without any fails.
      So I'll run like this and see what happens.
      D
      My Courses:
      Linlithgow GC
      Askernish Old Course
      Craigilaw Golf Club lid
      West Lothian Golf Club
      Dumbarnie Links
      St Andrews New Course

Comment

Hi,
        I Have the same problem.
        When I play Tgc 2019. We played for an hour and the unit stop arm the radar.
        I have to reboot Tgc and the game are lost. The guest players are not saved.
        Any solution.
        BR
        Hakan

Comment

That's nearly 4 weeks since I reported this issue.
          The main action taken was to have my phone forget the Mevo wifi and I have not had a fail since.
          My Courses:
          Linlithgow GC
          Askernish Old Course
          Craigilaw Golf Club lid
          West Lothian Golf Club
          Dumbarnie Links
          St Andrews New Course

Comment

Originally posted by ttz668 View Post
            Had the unit for a year or so now and starting to see an issue.

I use it mostly to play TGC 2019. On the odd occasion in the past the unit would stop reading shots, there would be no red light on top, the unit is connected by wi-fi to the PC and the only solution I have is to reboot the Mevo+ and start over. The game can be reloaded, but usually, any guests are lost, which is very embarrassing.

in the last week or so I am now having this issue every round.

I am sure many of you have had this issue as I saw a few threads about it on here, but no definitive solution.

Has anyone managed to get this fixed somehow? and ideas? any quick workarounds?

I will contact support, but a bit concerned that I am now stuck with a unit that is already starting to fail.

Any suggestions appreciated.
            David
            I have had this randomly occur on occasion as well. Tried various things to get it like rebooting just the Mevo+ etc, but always having to restart completely and losing our place in the previous game.

Had this occur last night, and finally found something that worked!! Wanted to report it here so others can try it as well. I closed the TGC Flightscope INTERFACE application, and restarted it again. I left everything else as is. After the interface restarted the Mevo+ armed again (red light came back on) and we were able to proceed as if nothing had gone wrong. The person who was trying to hit when the Mevo+ unit quit reading ( the red armed light was out) was able to make his shot and we continued and completed the game!!! We were happy about that!

Hope this helps and works for others.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I try this if it happens again.
              many thanks
              David
              My Courses:
              Linlithgow GC
              Askernish Old Course
              Craigilaw Golf Club lid
              West Lothian Golf Club
              Dumbarnie Links
              St Andrews New Course

Comment

Working...
              X