Mevo Plus Alignment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mevo Plus Alignment issues

I'm trying to accurately align my memo plus and am struggling to get a ball on the ground to align with the ball in the target alignment screen unless I set the distance to ball setting to the wrong value i.e. to 7ft when its actually 8ft. My Mevo Plus and hitting mat are almost flat, maybe mat is 1cm higher max, and if change the tee height value it gets even further away so I'd need to set a minus tee height value to get the alignment right with the setting on 8ft.

I should also add that I'm using FSG app on iPad and had tilt at 12.0 and roll at -0.1

So just to summarise with tee height set to zero and distance to ball set at 7 (when its in fact 8) it aligns on the screen but if I set it to 8 the real ball appears to be lower on the target alignment screen. Picture attached to show the 2 scenarios.

So my question is am I better off setting the distance to ball wrong at 7ft to get the alignment screen perfect or set it at the correct value of 8 and accept the alignment screen isn't quite right?

I'm afraid I'm unable to judge whether the data from the unit is more / less accurate on either setting by hitting balls as I'm not a consistent enough ball striker and not confident enough interpret the data values just yet. I did try the ball origin function and when I hit balls left and right of the tee they showed as expected but if I hot them centre to the tee but some forwards 1ft and some back 1ft they all appeared perfectly in the middle as though I'd hit them from the exact spot.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JLee; 06-19-2022, 07:37 PM.

Is the ball actually lower than the Mevo Plus?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbtubbs View Post
      Is the ball actually lower than the Mevo Plus?
      No the hitting mat is max 1cm above the astroturf the mevo plus is sitting on.

Comment

I expressed similar concerns here https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...o-aim-the-mevo

Question - or a suggestion that may ease your mind - have you tried the ball origin setting in the set up panel. Make sure you are set to the correct distance from the device, go to the ball origin setting, strike a shot and see if where it shows up on screen.

im more curious why the red line ( target line) is left of the ball…. You’d think they would be in line,..

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          They won't be in line because the alignment camera is to the left of where the radar emitters are. A line laser will pass through both the target line and ball if it's placed behind the center of the unit.

Originally posted by WaffleHouseTour View Post
        I expressed similar concerns here https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...o-aim-the-mevo

Question - or a suggestion that may ease your mind - have you tried the ball origin setting in the set up panel. Make sure you are set to the correct distance from the device, go to the ball origin setting, strike a shot and see if where it shows up on screen.

im more curious why the red line ( target line) is left of the ball…. You’d think they would be in line,..
        I did try the ball origin feature - see last sentence from my original post where I explain what happened.

Comment

Now what I've found works well to get the correct target line is to place 3 balls a foot apart on my mat (in the 3 teeing holes on my mat) in a line to the target. Then get down on the ground at eye level and see that if I look along all 3 they line up to the target. Then I come round the other side at eye level again and see that all 3 line up to the centre of the memo plus (not the camera for the reasons given by bubbtubbs). So I'm able to get a very accurate target line like this. Just still curious as to why the ball is lower than the indication on the target alignment camera.

Comment

Working...
          X