• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New firmware

Anyone know what the new firmware fixes ? Just downloading it now

Maybe Titleist RCT support? 🤔

Comment

Finally, there was a webinar hidden on Flightscope’s site explaining impact location updates. Hopefully this is the update along with other needed iOS fixes and some work to putting.

The webinar only includes face impact but I’m glad they at least have some information on it.

I need to change my devices since I switched to the X3.

Comment

Update is for impact location on X3 and… officially recognizing the RCT ball! Finally! At least that is what Henry said at end of webinar.

Comment

I wonder if the impact location and RCT recognition will come for the Mevo plus? As well, do we think they are using the impact location to adjust the measured/calculated spin and spin axis?

Comment

• Bubba22
            Bubba22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally agree. Too bad because knowing clubface contact will help simulation by improving spin axis based on gear effect.

• preludesam
            preludesam commented
            Editing a comment
            They could include it to help with that and just not notify you on the app?

• Bubba22
            Bubba22 commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be my hope preludesam. If Flightscope is reading this I would suggest they do just that.

I am so excited for this update. The last twitter post on this also stated something about putting metrics being updated. It kills me that I have to use the short game app to get putting club head data and it’s not available on FS Golf.

Comment

E-mail from FS

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F9D6776-F9CF-4CFA-BCBE-B24272DD9CB8.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	379130

Comment

I don’t think impact location is coming for M+, only X3 and I believe it will address gear effect in limited flight in the same manner as TM4 currently does. Need good lighting. FS will update the FS golf app so you can put in club specific dimensions to help with the gear effect calcs.

I do think this update includes RCT recognition for M+. As you know that has been promised to be coming for awhile.

Comment

• Bubba22
                Bubba22 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. It would be nice to have face location to help improve spin based on gear effect.

Originally posted by Mirek_62 View Post
              E-mail from FS

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F9D6776-F9CF-4CFA-BCBE-B24272DD9CB8.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	379130
              I wonder if the important app is a pc app for its FS golf app.

Comment

• Dan13
                Dan13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Henry teased as much at the end of the webinar - pc version of FS Golf

Obviously the best firmware.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
                bubbtubbs commented
                Editing a comment
                I was pretty sad when this was a misread because the ball compressed so nicely.

• Dan13
                Dan13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh crap. My expectations for spin reads once RCT is recognized is really high. All these kind of funky reads should go away.

On a more serious note, anybody else getting a ton of estimated spin numbers now? I had virtually none before but it was nearly half the short session this time.

Comment

• preludesam
                preludesam commented
                Editing a comment
                Got rid of the XO. Since the Mevo+ worked really well in my garage and I enjoyed using it on at the range the XO wasn’t really getting used. I wanted a Trackman but that just wasn’t feasible considering the cost difference vs an X3.

• bubbtubbs
                bubbtubbs commented
                Editing a comment
                preludesam Now you're giving me impure ideas

• preludesam
                preludesam commented
                Editing a comment
                There was an X3 on eBay recently that was at 5K with a day or so left in the auction. You can pick one up for a very reasonable price considering the features. I really wanted putting data and the X3 is the cheapest option to get path and face direction for putting.

I upgraded today and hit a few 5 iron shots with my RCT ball using current version of FS Golf on iOS. Only hit about 10 shots but had 2 shots with doubled spin (8000+ RPM), few accurately measured (~4000 rpm), and few estimates. So nothing too radical yet though I assume the new FS Golf app with RCT ball option is needed to make use of the new firmware update. Eagerly waiting for both PC version of FS Golf app, and with RCT support!!

Comment

• bubbtubbs
                bubbtubbs commented
                Editing a comment
                For a few weeks I've been eschewing the dots because the estimated value averages are only ~500rpm less than my measured ones so there's not a terribly big difference in mid irons though wedges. The 1k 7i was the first measured session I've done in almost a month.

Hopefully the app update streamlines this a bit.

• aussiebenny
                aussiebenny commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, the dots are most accurate for sure. But Henry did say results with RCT was as accurate as you can get on the Mevo+ in previous AMA. So am really looking forward to its official support.

• Antneye
                Antneye commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve been using the RCT balls and have had pretty good results. I found my dots kept coming off so I got tired of using them. I still get some estimated spin but a lot more measured than without.

I hope they finally add proper multi-cam support for FSGolf on Android.. Especially as it's not mentioned anywhere it's not supported...
              I bought a brand new samsung tablet only to be told it wasn't supported!
              They did say it was in development so there's still hope I might not have to get an IOS device to mess my ecosystem.

Comment

Working...
              X