Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delay between swing and ball launching in TGC

hey all,

so, i played a few holes on the GC2/TGC combo last night. Last time I hit balls on it was before my windows 10 updated.

i have noticed that before the update, there would be about a 1-2 second delay between hitting the ball and it showing on TGC.
    last night, the first few holes played fine, still about a 1-2 second delay between hitting and TGC showing on screen. but then, the delay started getting longer, up to about 6 seconds. i thought the GC2 just didn't register the shot a few times and then when i went to set up to re-hit, the ball launched.

is the 1-2 second delay typical when working well?
    would the windows 10 update cause this type of issue, where the delay is initially normal, but then start getting longer and longer into a round? seems that if it were an update issue, it would just be the longer delay from the start?

need help- this is frustrating waiting 6 seconds to see the ball launch on screen!

Sounds like internet and or bluetooth communication issues to me. Especially since it wasnt constant

Comment

sounds like a bluetooth issue honestly where is the bluetooth dongle placed in line with the GC2 rich

Comment

it's about 3-4 feet from the GC2. i have it plugged into the front of my desktop PC, and the desktop is on the ground 3-4 ft from the GC2. i hadn't had any issues until last night. i'd think if it was a bluetooth issue, that the delay would be constant and not progressively getting longer as the distance from the gc2 and PC is constant?

i guess i could get a USB cord and place the dongle right next to the gc2?

what is the expected delay between hitting and the launch on TGC?

Comment

there is a lot of discussion on placement for the bluetooth dongle as this will help if there is any delay, the windows 10 updates are garbage and have played havoc with my system lately so understand that issue for sure but a normal delay is about a second or so for the hit to register on the software. but i know most guys put the dongle within inches of the gc2 for best connection value.

Comment

cool. i will give placing the dongle next to the gc2 a try tonight!

Comment

Rich, my PC is about the same distance as yours and i have a 1-2 second delay before it shows up on TGC.

Comment

• col forbin
                col forbin commented
                Editing a comment
                .................You don't get those delays with FSX. Instantaneous!

• CW35
                CW35 commented
                Editing a comment
                i suppose but i do prefer graphics that are better than a ps2....have fun w/ your zombies btw.

• col forbin
                col forbin commented
                Editing a comment
                How Dare You! Graphics are top notch...............I am blind though

when i've had the delay get longer i ended up restarting tgc and it went back to normal.

Comment

I'm 1 second but sometimes it'll delay a little due to too much going on on the PC. A reboot fixes that. When I first set it up the delay was long until I put the gc2 close to the dongle. Lastly, my PC updated to 10. It was brutal for TGC so I downgraded.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

i'll try the dongle closer, but it was fine prior to the latest windows 10 security update. i may uninstall the last security update.
                  i did restart TGC last night and it did get better. but, when i resumed/continued the round, the 2nd player dropped off. is there a way to re-add the "guest" player when resuming a round?

Comment

Working...
                  X