blutetooth on gc2 not working?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sam Mendoza
    replied
    Originally posted by Gsfdotcom View Post
    Thanks for response mthunt, much appreciated

    I’ve only just got TGC19 and prior to that I always connected my GC2 with FSX18 using a USB cable. As you know TGC only works on BT so the BT connection problem has only just become evident.

    Both my iPad and Iphone can ‘see’ and connect the FSX Mobile app to my GC2 so it seems that the problem lies in the Internal BT ‘adaptor’ in my Windows 10 PC.

    Since my previous post I have discovered following extensive research on this forum that many people have had similar Win10 BT problems with GC2 and there are several recommendations to buy an ASUS BT400 dongle. ‘GoldenSim’ who wrote extensively on the problem also suggested an ‘active’ USB cable to get the dongle closer to the GC2. He also suggested other tweaks to the Windows 10 OS which I have implemented.

    I will not receive the dongle and cable until next week (AMAZON) but I am hopeful that together they will resolve the problem. I will post on here either way.

    Finally a shout out to GoldenSim who very obviously put a good deal of effort into sharing the benefits of his experience, I’m very grateful to him.
    Did you get this sorted? I’m having same issue. Have ordered new dongle and also active USB cable so hope this works

    Leave a comment:


  • Gsfdotcom
    replied
    Thanks for response mthunt, much appreciated

    I’ve only just got TGC19 and prior to that I always connected my GC2 with FSX18 using a USB cable. As you know TGC only works on BT so the BT connection problem has only just become evident.

    Both my iPad and Iphone can ‘see’ and connect the FSX Mobile app to my GC2 so it seems that the problem lies in the Internal BT ‘adaptor’ in my Windows 10 PC.

    Since my previous post I have discovered following extensive research on this forum that many people have had similar Win10 BT problems with GC2 and there are several recommendations to buy an ASUS BT400 dongle. ‘GoldenSim’ who wrote extensively on the problem also suggested an ‘active’ USB cable to get the dongle closer to the GC2. He also suggested other tweaks to the Windows 10 OS which I have implemented.

    I will not receive the dongle and cable until next week (AMAZON) but I am hopeful that together they will resolve the problem. I will post on here either way.

    Finally a shout out to GoldenSim who very obviously put a good deal of effort into sharing the benefits of his experience, I’m very grateful to him.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Gsfdotcom View Post
    Can anyone help please?

    My GC2 will not connect to FSX2018 or TGC2019 via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth devices list on my Windows 10 PC shows the GC2 as being paired. The GC2 also appears in the list of devices within FSX2019 but when I click to connect it I just get a ‘failed to connect’ message.

    I want to run TGC2019 which only works on Bluetooth but GSX shows that the input (which I assume is the GC2) is not connected despite the PC showing GC2 as paired. The GC2 works fine with FSX using a USB cable.

    i have tried taking the GC2 from its metal protection case and moving the PC so it’s only a few inches from GC2 but it will still not connect. There are no error messages on the ‘about’ screen of the GC2.

    I’ve tried everything I can think of except replacing the USB dongle/adaptor which runs the keyboard and mouse and the GC2 pairing. When I remove the dongle, the GC2 is immediately disconnected in paired BT devices screen. I’m sceptical that replacing the dongle would achieve anything.

    I would welcome some advice. Thanks.
    So this used to work and suddenly stopped? Have you tried connecting to a Iphone or ipad or other device? I'd start there. If it will it's settings, if not bluetooth is shot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gsfdotcom
    replied
    Can anyone help please?

    My GC2 will not connect to FSX2018 or TGC2019 via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth devices list on my Windows 10 PC shows the GC2 as being paired. The GC2 also appears in the list of devices within FSX2019 but when I click to connect it I just get a ‘failed to connect’ message.

    I want to run TGC2019 which only works on Bluetooth but GSX shows that the input (which I assume is the GC2) is not connected despite the PC showing GC2 as paired. The GC2 works fine with FSX using a USB cable.

    i have tried taking the GC2 from its metal protection case and moving the PC so it’s only a few inches from GC2 but it will still not connect. There are no error messages on the ‘about’ screen of the GC2.

    I’ve tried everything I can think of except replacing the USB dongle/adaptor which runs the keyboard and mouse and the GC2 pairing. When I remove the dongle, the GC2 is immediately disconnected in paired BT devices screen. I’m sceptical that replacing the dongle would achieve anything.

    I would welcome some advice. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    It’s a program. Run the file, pick your os and run it. Changing firmware wont help Bluetooth

    Leave a comment:


  • richdmb
    replied
    Originally posted by GarryB58 View Post
    Richdmb how did you install the latest firmware? I'm having the same problem I think - on the bluetooth list in the device manager it doesn't show the GC2 bluetooth at all! No idea why it disappeared. Hoping maybe I can just do a reinstall like you did back in October '17?
    If I remember correctly, download the firmware file, connect in the gc2 to the computer via USB, then double click the firmware file to run it and it should do it automatically

    Leave a comment:


  • GarryB58
    replied
    Richdmb how did you install the latest firmware? I'm having the same problem I think - on the bluetooth list in the device manager it doesn't show the GC2 bluetooth at all! No idea why it disappeared. Hoping maybe I can just do a reinstall like you did back in October '17?

    Leave a comment:


  • richdmb
    replied
    Im not home this weekend, but ill rry to look into more when i get back home

    Leave a comment:


  • inorkuo
    replied
    that's interesting. can you look at your shot data and see what the difference is between the firmwares? more ball speed, less spin, launch angle?

    Leave a comment:


  • richdmb
    replied
    so, i went back to 3.5.1.0, and bluetooth still works. Also, carries in TGC and GC2 are closer again. TGC reads shorter than GC2 on average around 4-6 yards per shot with my 6 iron, with a range of 1-9 yards shorter over about 15 shots. much more manageable, and acceptable, than 10-20 yards short with the 4.0.x firmware.

    Leave a comment:


  • richdmb
    replied
    the distances on TGC are shorter. if i carry my 7 iron 152 on the GC2, TGC said the carry was 138. i had some shots that TGC said the carry was even shorter, some not as short, all on a flat driving range.

    i will try to go back to 3.5.1 tonight

    Leave a comment:


  • andygg1986
    replied
    Good to know that it was just the firmware! Are your distances in TGC shorter now, or are the distances on the GC2 longer? In other words, if you were hitting a 7 iron 150 in TGC and 155 on the GC2 with 3.5, does it still show as 150 in TGC?

    3.7 is supposed to be the only version with noticeably shorter distances in TGC as far as I know. You might also try rolling back to 3.5 now. Maybe something was hung up and the firmware update got it unstuck. I can't imagine what hardware would have broken just enough that the old firmware would stop working but new would fix it.

    Leave a comment:


  • richdmb
    replied
    Lol. So good news. Bluetooth works. I called foresight since i had some free time at work because a patiemt no showed. I learned that if there is a bluetooth malfunction, there is usually a message saying it needs serviced in the about screen. They also recommended installing latest firmware. I also learned it would cost me $1000 if i had to get new bluetooth, $500 each for the bluetooth and transfer to new owner. I was really hoping that didnt have to happen. I tried the reset whem i got home but it didn't work. Then i installed the latest firmware and voila, bluetooth started working. I dont understand why this would happen.

    so now i have a different issue. I know, i know, 99 problems... but at least a b*tch aint one.

    anyway, before with 3.5.x tgc and gc2 carries were off only by 5-10 yards, but now, carries are short by like 10-20 yards in the driving range om tgc compared tp the gc2. Does this sound like something others have experienced?

    thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • richdmb
    replied
    thanks inorkuo, i will try that tonight... i hope it works!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • inorkuo
    replied
    unfortunately it sounds like you are correct. if your phone, tablet, and computer can't connect, there's something wrong with the gc2. most likely you'll have to send it back to foresight for them to replace the Bluetooth. There are two last ditch things I would try before sending it back. one, reset the gc2. when powering down, hold the power button through the entire countdown sequence. two, reload the firmware. the recommended firmware is 3.5.1.0 but 4.0.0.15 worked fine for me as well.

    Leave a comment:

Working...