GC2 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 problem

Hey Guys I'm having a problem with my GC2. I went to power it on today and there is no response. The last couple of times I used it I noticed that the green light wasn't coming on but it still read the balls, also the monitor screen was blank so no display of information on the screen, although it did display voice wise. Any thought on what the problem could be?

When you say no response does the light come on like it does during the normal power up sequence, or does it not even get that far. If it doesn't come on at all it might be that your battery pack has failed. I'm pretty sure that even if it is plugged in it is still running off the battery. The charger is just charging it constantly. If one of the cells in your pack went bad it couldn't provide enough voltage which might have all sorts of side effects. I think someone said that they got their pack rebuilt at batteries plus or somewhere like that for not too much money, maybe $40. That would be the cheapest and best case scenario I can think of.

Comment

Hi yes ultimately it did power on and it reads the balls,the screen is blank though (well actually a black vertical strip runs up about 1/3rd of the left side of the screen from top to bottom) also the green light on the unit doesn't come on when a ball is in the hitting area.

Comment

I have a similar issue with my screen from time to time. Turns out to be the cable that runs to the screen is loose. I have to power it off, raise or lower the screen, and then power it back on, but the screen usually comes back on normal the second or third time. Only difference with mine is that I would still get a green or red light depending on whether it saw a ball or not. I'd call Foresight tech support. They helped me narrow down my problem.

Comment

Its likely that the ribbon cable connecting the display is loose in the socket: its a standard ribbon cable that you slide into the socket. It has tiny black clips on either side that need to be pushed back in to secure the ribbon cable. Im new to the GC2 but had it open to try and inspect a dud battery: could not resist in taking the whole thing apart to have a look at how it worked: in doing so the screen cable came loose, and did what you guys are describing......pushed the securing clips back in place and voila. you will need to lift off the silver metal cover (4 screws), once the case is off.

Hope it helps

Regards

Hemi

Comment

• Cklguy2013
            Cklguy2013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have a picture of that? I don't see the clips. My is attached very lightly

I'm getting nothing now isn't even powering on.... grrrr.... perfect timing just in time for a weeks vacation!

Comment

That stinks! If you have a multimeter I would take the battery out and measure the voltage. I still think that could be the issue. If it can't charge above 6.5V then I don't think it would be able to turn on. You could also measure the voltage at the output of the power supply to make sure it isn't bad.

Comment

We have assisted Cklguy on his fix through discord he is back up and running now

Comment

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
                We have assisted Cklguy on his fix through discord he is back up and running now
                And the problem was? It is helpful for people to post the fix for others who may have a similar problem in the future.

Comment

the black wire ribbon in the back going into the mother board from the LED screen fell out and had to be reconnected properly a little bit of surgery on the GC2 and it was back to normal i would say if that you are not feeling great about your mechanical or electrical skills do not take it on as cklguy was sweating the whole time but he did a good job on reconnecting the lead to reactivate

Comment

Well done....I thought it was a loose black ribbon cable! I didnt see the black clip at the bottom initially either, it’s tiny. But those types of cables always have a retaining clip: either pushing down from the top or a compression type from the bottom. I found the cable to be surprisingly quite resilient....certainly compared to iPhones I’ve taken apart! A headlight with loupe magnifiers help a lot.

im glad your sorted for the vacation.

Comment

Wow. I’m impressed Aero. Glad clk is running again. Pretty cool fix.
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      London Hunt Club L mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                      The National GC L mthunt
                      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                      Markland Woods CC mthunt
                      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                      Magna GC L mthunt
                      Barrie CC L mthunt
                      mthunt Range

Comment

Thanks mthunt clk did all the work we just supplied support is all with pics and helped with questions during the process.

Comment

Yes thanks to all, it was indeed the ribbon which had become loose. After a bit of surgery, I was back and running. The tough part was figuring out how to loosen the clips; two black little clips which you slide towards yourself to open, ribbon in and clips slid back and bingo up and running.

Comment

Working...
                          X