Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Michael Stuewe winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Tournament of Champions !

Join this weeks TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Sony Open with 2 rounds at The Baltasar Springfield NJ - 6662y : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...tour-sony-open
See more
See less

GC2 with HMT for JNPG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 with HMT for JNPG

Hi,

I am currently considering to build a simulator for practice, and simulation play - online tournaments etc.
    I've looked at the JNPG software with ***, and i think this looks amazing.

My question is if i will get any feedback from HMT while playing this - Or if it is possible to connect the HMT to a separate screen, to get club data after each shot on that screen?

I understood that for GC2 to be connected to JNPG, i need to use bluetooth, can the HMT then be connected separately to another screen?
    I hope my question makes sense, and i would love for feedback, or suggestions for other softwares/hardwares that may better suit my needs.

Have a good day, and thank you for taking your time.

Hi Kjellke,

At the moment JNPG doesn't show you the HMT data in the program itself, however the interface that's required to connect the GC2 ( & HMT) to JNPG does display all the ball data from the GC2 and the club data from HMT and this can be displayed in a separate window / monitor. There is also a android companion App for that also shows similar data.
    Last edited by GSF_Admin; 01-08-2018, 11:26 AM. Reason: Videos containing references to competitive tour sites are not allowed.

Comment

here's a screen grab of the data that you'd see

Comment

All of the club data shows on the screen of the GC2. It's all you really need IMO.

Comment

Thank you very much for your responses.
          So if i understand it correctly the best way for me to go is getting the GC2 with HMT, but i do not really need the FSX software.

Have a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by Kjellke View Post
            Thank you very much for your responses.
            So if i understand it correctly the best way for me to go is getting the GC2 with HMT, but i do not really need the FSX software.

Have a good day!
            If you are happy with JNPG then FSX will be redundant. Both do the same thing but differently and at a different cost. It's more of a preference and budget thing. JNPG is $249/ year. Pebble Beach on FSX is $499. Most data points on the GC2/HMT show on the screen.

Comment

I find the screen display for hmt is not as accurately displayed as foresight software for impact point on the club face. It "rounds it off" to an area on you club where you struck the ball. Not a huge deal, but not as precise

Comment

Originally posted by Ports View Post
                I find the screen display for hmt is not as accurately displayed as foresight software for impact point on the club face. It "rounds it off" to an area on you club where you struck the ball. Not a huge deal, but not as precise
                Fair enough. If dead accurate display of impact position is crucial, one might not like using the display on the GC2.

Comment

• Deuce
                  Deuce commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is what frustrates me. FSX is just too expensive for me, so I either have to use the iPad app to see precise impact location or run sim software (TGC or JNPG). I don't know of any way to get data to both at the same time since you can have only one outgoing bluetooth connection. It would be nice if you could connect the GC2 to the computer via USB and to the iPad via Bluetooth. Then you could leave the iPad on the club screen and get all the data that you need to explain the shot. What would be better is if Foresight produced basic range software for less than two grand, especially considering how much the hardware costs.

How difficult and how long would it take to setup JNPG with GC2 without the HMT. I'm considering it as well along with TGC and ProtTee. I'm just having a hard time rationalizing FSX for $2500 when comparable software with more courses is out there for notably cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by pomps View Post
                  How difficult and how long would it take to setup JNPG with GC2 without the HMT. I'm considering it as well along with TGC and ProtTee. I'm just having a hard time rationalizing FSX for $2500 when comparable software with more courses is out there for notably cheaper.
                  For simulation you don't need Club data. It's nice to have. You can set up everything and play away then add the HMT. The HMT has nothing to do with TGC or JNPG. I use TGC and FSX and had JNPG. Even in FSX I just look at the screen of the GC2 to see what my club is doing.

Comment

I see someone can buy TGC, ProTee or a package for both. If TGC has over 100,000 courses, why would they need ProTee?

Comment

• andygg1986
                      andygg1986 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You don't need it. Some people have said they like the driving range better on protee but you can get by just fine with only tgc

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ProTee has all of the practice features that FSX has such as showing averages and practice anywhere but its old. I have it and haven’t used even once since TGC came out.
                  Working...
                  X