Hmt level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmt level

My gc2 and hmt came with two plates to mount the hmt on and two leveling feet and two holsters you attach the hmt to. The thumb screws only work with both plates on due to the length of the threads, thumb screws are too long otherwise. This is for left right play, but throws the entire assembly including gc2 out of level due to the offset plates if you use both feet. I only use one foot to correct this, but why two in the box? The leveling foot attaches the hmt holster so do you get another screw to hold it on rather than the leveling foot to use both holsters? Also the plate on the bottom sits the hmt lower. My question is the hmt auto leveling like the gc2 and does the lower height affect the hmt mounted on the bottom plate? Any input? Most of my golfing buddies are lefties, and I'm right. I'd like be sure of accuracy for them too.
    Last edited by Ports; 01-22-2018, 03:15 AM.

My hmt only has one plate and attaches to it. Never seen two before.

Comment

For lefties I have to completely remove the plate and flip it over.

Comment

I'm assuming it's meant to be because of the length of the screws. I should ask foresight about this. I see no other l/r setup without removing the plate and turning it. Is this what the two plates were meant for?
        Last edited by Ports; 01-22-2018, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Wonder if it is, the hmt just sits loosely in the holder, sonif you had two on both sides I guess you can switch it really quickly. Maybe get a longer cable to make it easier.

Comment

But the holster attaches to the leveling foot, throws it out of level and the one plate is 1/4" lower. Strange....

Do you guys level the hmt perfectly? That's what I've been doing, was curious if it auto levels like the gc2.

Comment

• Stingreye
              Stingreye commented
              Editing a comment
              The plate kind of makes it be level on mine it seems but I have no idea.

It does if the gc2 is level, but it could be skewed too. My gc2 is on a floor with a drain so it slopes. I adjusted the feet on the metal case (that currently doesn't accept the hmt plates until I cut slots into it for the plates). The leveling feet on the case aren't accurate on both sides of the mat. I guess that raises another question, does it auto level if I move it side to side, or just when you turn it on. Both sides of my mat aren't the same.

Comment

You’re only meant to have 1 plate fitted - that’s why the screws don’t fit. With only 1 plate (either left or right), the foot will be on the ground and the HMT should be level with the GC2.

Comment

• Stingreye
                Stingreye commented
                Editing a comment
                Call Forsight, Something seems off. Maybe its something new. How old is your HMT?

• p3eps
                p3eps commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you got the mounting plate fitted underneath that? It should take up the extra length of the screws. I’ve got the setup diagram here, and it should only have 1 arm for holding the HMT. If you want to swap between left / right, you have to swap the arm back and forth.
                I’m guessing someone has modified yours to try and accommodate both players?

• Ports
                Ports commented
                Editing a comment
                10700 SN, 1350-UV hmt SN, 2015ish I believe. I'll take a look for the plate, can't remember off hand. This was purchased from Foresight used. I wonder if they didn't have any spacer plates at the time and just sent me another arm to space it. That being said, I also have a second foot and holster.
                Last edited by Ports; 01-23-2018, 01:38 AM.

maybe this will help.

Comment

I think he has to have the mounting plate because the screws screw into it and not the gc2.

took some pics quickly of mine, hopefully that helps:

As p3eps said, it does seem like someone modified yours or something.

Comment

Here's the set up. It has a plate on the gc2. The only difference with mine is the screws are longer and came with two of everything to mount the hmt
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ports; 01-23-2018, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Anyways, forget my Frankenstein gc2 for now, does the hmt auto level like the gc2 or should I try to get the assembly level on my own? I've ran it out of level and questioned the data. Keep in mind I'm not a scratch golfer so my accuracy is questionable as well.
                    Last edited by Ports; 01-23-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

They sent two plates by mistake for sure. Put one back in the box. There’s no leveling or calibration on the hmt. Attach the bracket and plug it in.
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      London Hunt Club L mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                      The National GC L mthunt
                      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                      Markland Woods CC mthunt
                      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                      Magna GC L mthunt
                      Barrie CC L mthunt
                      mthunt Range

Comment

Then I guess they sent me wrong screws too

Comment

Did they send you another holder for the HMT unit? If they did, I bet it would work well for switching lefties and righties. I am pretty sure my screws are shorter.

Comment

Working...
                          X