Upgrading FR1 to FSX2018 on GC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading FR1 to FSX2018 on GC2

Hi everyone, this is my first post to the site. I have a GC2 foresight package that has FR1 software. I’m thinking of upgrading to FSX 2018. Would I be able to sell my FR1 software. Is FSX 2018 the best software for the GC2 and HMT? Thanks in advance for your replies..
    Dale

I just recently did this same upgrade. You should be able to get a $1500 credit for the FR1 software from foresight. I haven’t messed around a lot with FSX yet but it is a huge upgrade from FR1. PM if you want the name of who I worked with.

Comment

Just got a quote form Foresight for FSX2018. I have to hand in my dongle for FR1 and pay $2000 to upgrade. Does that seem expensive? Thanks for any advice.

Comment

Yes, it does seem expensive, but there's no place else to go - they have you by the dongle!

Comment

Originally posted by dale.piggott@tldsb.on.ca View Post
          Just got a quote form Foresight for FSX2018. I have to hand in my dongle for FR1 and pay $2000 to upgrade. Does that seem expensive? Thanks for any advice.
          At that price, ask what FSX is WITHOUT turning in the dongle. You can get $500 -700 for a dongle.

Comment

When I got FSX I was already an FR1 owner and paid $1,500 ($3k with a $1.5k credit). Since then I paid $500 to upgrade to fsx18, so essentially the same quote you received except they never asked me for my dongle.

Comment

I'd be happy to buy an FR1 dongle from anyone for this:

"At that price, ask what FSX is WITHOUT turning in the dongle. You can get $500 -700 for a dongle."

Cheers

John

Comment

Working...
              X