Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

Any HMT buying regrets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any HMT buying regrets

I’m on the verge of buying a certified HMT from foresight and just curious if anybody regrets the purchase. The good news Foresight will let me register my used GC2 with them waiving the $500 fee.

I've been happy with the HMT. It's helped me get a better understanding of why my misses go a certain direction. As an average golfer, I've thought that I had an outside-in path. My misses are generally left and I thought I came over the top but the HMT showed my path was in-to-out but with a closed clubface.
    On the driver, I've learned that because I hit it all over the clubface, the gear effect has a huge effect on the ball curvature. Instead of trying to change my swing everytime, I just needed to accept certain misses due to contact on the face rather than swing path.
    I highly recommend it as a learning tool.
    Last edited by jkgolfer; 06-26-2018, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• StanMI
      StanMI commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks,Good to know.

Having it as no negatives at all, unless you always want to take it to a range or you are not willing to justify the cost.

Comment

There is one and only one downside to the HMT and that’s club stickers. They suck but the data is solid. In the winter it’s no big deal but in the summer when playing they wear out and having them sucks. My opinion.

Comment

• sherrow70
        sherrow70 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its down to one a dot a club now right? Your the stickers I can being a pain. Which they could come up with a better option.

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        1 dot is an option but giving less data than 4 dots. You get AOA, Path, CHS, Smash.

• sherrow70
        sherrow70 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really thanks glad I asked bout that.

Thanks for the responses. I was hoping somebody could talk me out of it. I think it will be a big benefit in the long run for improving my swing.

Comment

I’m a big fan of my HMT. It really helps me with trying to hit the sweet spot of my irons.

The solution to wearing the stickers out is to buy another set of clubs! I now have a sim set and an outdoor set. It saves a lot of time cleaning and reapplying stickers!

Regrets... not buying a GC2 / HMT / FSX / Laptop all at once just now for $9995. Such a good deal from Foresight!!

Comment

• sherrow70
          sherrow70 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know great deal really.

I have the GCQuad, and like has been said, it has been critical to understanding my swing path. My biggest miss with the driver was way right. I assumed it was an out-in path, but because of the club data, I realized that I was actually coming in-out and essentially had a push-slice. Without knowing this, I could have worked on the wrong things. Technically one can figure this out, by looking at the ball data - "initial push" with right side spin.

Now we come to the irons - it definitely helps with that too - especially the angle of attack. I have a tendency to pick up the ball and am practicing punch shots to train the feeling at impact of hitting down on the ball. This can only be measured on HMT.

re: stickers, I just use the one-dot and it is good enough for me.

If you can afford it, definitely recommend it!

Comment

I have the Quad with HMT and I have to say that HMT is definitely helping me understand my swing. I am a high handicap, and the data that the HMT is providing is essential for my improvement. Cost aside, it was a no brainer for me.

Question: do you guys take the dots off when playing a regular round of golf? I've been leaving them on, is that bad?

Comment

I leave them on. It gets expensive to remove and reapply every time you play IRL. Depending on the club, I can play a few rounds and still use with the HMT. On the more frequently used clubs, I tend to go through dot's faster. That said, I don't apply to all my clubs. I've always got them on my Driver, a hybrid, 8 Iron and a Wedge. I get most of what I need from 4 or fewer clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by sharbel View Post
              I have the Quad with HMT and I have to say that HMT is definitely helping me understand my swing. I am a high handicap, and the data that the HMT is providing is essential for my improvement. Cost aside, it was a no brainer for me.

Question: do you guys take the dots off when playing a regular round of golf? I've been leaving them on, is that bad?
              It's not bad for casual play - but it technically does make them non-conforming under the rules so you might want to be careful if you play in any official competitions.

Comment

I leave the stickers on my driver. I actually asked the rules official at a couple of tournaments about leaving them on and they both said they can stay on. I know a pro got penalized but these guys said they are fine. I find the 4 dots stop working on irons pretty quick but 1 dot is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
                  I leave the stickers on my driver. I actually asked the rules official at a couple of tournaments about leaving them on and they both said they can stay on. I know a pro got penalized but these guys said they are fine. I find the 4 dots stop working on irons pretty quick but 1 dot is fine.
                  I might be wrong but I thought in the case of the pro it was because he removed them in the middle of the round. I think you cannot modify the club in any way during a round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandragora View Post

I might be wrong but I thought in the case of the pro it was because he removed them in the middle of the round. I think you cannot modify the club in any way during a round.
                    No. Anything non-permanent attached to the face is technically a violation. The DQ was because he forgot to take them off on one of the clubs. In reality, the stickers wont really impact the way the clubs play so the rules officials in question for mthunt new that and were likely just being a bit lenient. But as long as you get approval from them before you play, that's enough to avoid any possible penalties.
                    Last edited by StuartG; 06-29-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

perfect. no issue at all. it worth more than 5K.. impact position location is all about moment of truth in golf swing. i will upgrade to Gcq when they allow us to use PG.
                      this is awsome device as it have club data.
                      no regrets.

Comment

No I had GC2 for several years before I added HMT, its the best thing to improve your game.

Comment

Working...
                        X