eBay vs foresight preowned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay vs foresight preowned

I’m in the process of building my 1st sim and will mostly utilize to practice indoors. I’ve seen some good deals on eBay for used gc2 and would appreciate some insight.
    -is it worth saving 15-25% on eBay vs used from foresight
    -what are the risks or downside
    -will foresight provide support and/or upgrades
    -should I consider International posting also
    -what should I look for feature wise if I’d like to connect to ipad
    thanks in advance and any other guidance is appreciated
    cheers,
    AJ

I would recommend purchasing through Foresight if it is your first purchase with them. Otherwise they will charge you $500 to become a registered customer if you ever need their support. Once you are registered you can purchase second hand without issues, say you want to get an HMT down the road or pick up software second hand. The CPO are supposed to come with a 6mo warranty but someone on this site said they had to pay for repairs on theirs. Didn't sound like much of a warranty to me but who knows the full story.

Comment

I purchased my GC2 from a member on this forum about a year ago. It did not come with any software. I spoke with a foresight rep and they wouldn't charge me to register the machine in my name if I would purchase software from them. I was going to purchase FSX anyway, so I saved $500. Good Luck!!

Comment

I bought my GC2 on ebay very happy with it saved about 1k plus was only two years old. I bought my HMT from them and they registered my used GC2 at no extra cost.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Also recommend going straight to Foresight. If you do mess with eBay, be very careful with scams. NO deals around eBay (e.g. through e-mail). eBay will not protect you if you do the transaction on the side.

Comment

If you do buy from someone other than Foresight - make sure to check with Foresight that the serial number isn't from a stolen unit before you buy it.

Comment

got to say I would recommend buying through eBay.
                I've bought and sold a load of golf stuff including a few GC2 and HMT and I have had no problems.
                Just stick to the rules, only pay by paypal, only through eBay, and you can't really go too far wrong.
                If a deal is too good to be true, it often is, DO NOT SEND A BANK TRANSFER!
                Cheers
                John

Comment

I can tell you from experience that the 6 month warranty on the used device from Foresight is valid. That is the route I went and am very happy I did.

Comment

Working...
                  X