Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC2, Righty/Lefty Play and Bluetooth vs. USB???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2, Righty/Lefty Play and Bluetooth vs. USB???

Hey guys, I am a happy new owner of a GC2. I have some buddies coming over to play in the next month or so and in preparation I have a question to ask you all about your experiences. So far, I have played/practiced exclusively using the USB wired connection to my computer. The reason for that is that either only I have been playing/practicing or the guys I have had over have all been right handed. In the next month, I have some left handed guys coming over to play and am trying to think in advance of the best way to manage moving the GC2 back and forth for 2-sided play. I was thinking that it would be easier to use the bluetooth connection on battery power rather than dragging the USB & power cables back and forth.
    Do you all agree this is the best way to go about it?
    Can anyone comment on the reliability of the BT connection vs. USB connection?
    Does anyone have any other pearls of wisdom to help make dealing with 2-sided play as enjoyable as possible?
    Thanks in advance for your input!

I would try moving it to whichever side is farther from your computer and see if it will stay connected. If it won’t I would highly recommend getting a usb extension cable and an Asus bt400 Bluetooth adapter. I’m sure other adapters work as well, but that one was recommended to me on here and has worked great. It never drops a connection while I’m playing. You can run the usb extension cord to position the adapter just in front of your mat and in the middle of the left and right hand positions so the gc2 is never more than a few feet away. The Bluetooth transmitter in the GC2 doesn’t seem very strong so closer is definitely going to be more reliable.

I would also also put down a strip of tape or something to mark the positions on both sides so you don’t have to keep adjusting the alignment.

Comment

Golf simulator guys also sell insert that spins for gc2.
      GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

Originally posted by andygg1986 View Post
        I would try moving it to whichever side is farther from your computer and see if it will stay connected. If it won’t I would highly recommend getting a usb extension cable and an Asus bt400 Bluetooth adapter. I’m sure other adapters work as well, but that one was recommended to me on here and has worked great. It never drops a connection while I’m playing. You can run the usb extension cord to position the adapter just in front of your mat and in the middle of the left and right hand positions so the gc2 is never more than a few feet away. The Bluetooth transmitter in the GC2 doesn’t seem very strong so closer is definitely going to be more reliable.

I would also also put down a strip of tape or something to mark the positions on both sides so you don’t have to keep adjusting the alignment.
        andygg1986 Just to make sure I am looking at the right thing that you are recommending can you confirm that this is it:

ASUS USB Adapter w/Bluetooth Dongle Receiver Transfer Wireless for Laptop PC Support Windows 10 Plug and Play /8/7/XP, Printers, Phones, Headsets, Speakers, Keyboards, Controllers (USB-BT400) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ83070..._DmanCbFQTHP3Z
        Last edited by shellman19; 01-08-2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep that’s the one!

Originally posted by bubs3141 View Post
        Golf simulator guys also sell insert that spins for gc2.
        bubs3141 I'm sorry man, not trying to be a dummy, but I have no idea what you're referring to?

Comment

Here you go.

Call 317.440.3091 if you are interested in one

Comment

Last guy that hit moves gc2 as the next guy gets his clubs ready. Have the ground marked ahead of time so you will be ready to go. Shouldn’t take any extra time once you know the routine.

Bluetooth will work fine. Lcd off will extend battery. If you need power, just maker sure you have the power cable run in front of mat and it won’t interfer with stance and putts will likely be out of the read zone where it would hit.

Comment

Originally posted by bionicboogerboy View Post
              Here you go.

Call 317.440.3091 if you are interested in one
              bionicboogerboy safe to assume that you will always be hitting off-set with the rotation insert?

Comment

Any way you slice it playing left and right is only seamless with 2 GC2’s and FSX. Any other way it sucks. The best option if you can do it to set the GC2 up for lefties and hit over it yourself without moving it. That’s what I do. If you can do that it works ok but still sucks. The other option is tape on the ground and move each shot but it’s super Mickey Mouse.

The rotation device would be nice but do the math. The GC2 i like 18 inches from the back to the ball and you need 7 feet behind you so you need a room that is what, 16 feet wide or 17 feet wide? If you have that, get the rotation thing but the aiming thing will be in the middle causing your guests to hit push shots.

Back to tape on the ground or hit over the GC2
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by shellman19 View Post
                  I was thinking that it would be easier to use the bluetooth connection on battery power rather than dragging the USB & power cables back and forth.
                  Will your battery last long enough?

We have the occasional lefty so pick it up and move it. Run on battery. Works OK, takes seconds to move. It does become a pain eventually.

The turntable looks nice if it was motorized. Turning by hand doesn't seem much better than just flipping the gc2 around.

Comment

To answer your question about battery lasting... I honestly am not sure. Can I answer a question with a question and ask you guys on average how long are you getting on a full charge of your GC2?

Comment

• Stingreye
                      Stingreye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Should last you if the battery is relatively new. YOu will be removing your HMT so it will use less for that. Keep back light off.
                      EDIT: pretty sure HMT disables the left handed hitting box, so make sure you remove it.

With the protective case is itge GC2,easy to move? I currently have Skytrak with Skytrak Armour case I put a handle on it and it’s a breeze switching right to lefty

Comment

It’s easy to move but it’s easier not to move. Moving a GC2 is a terrible solution.
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                      The National GC L mthunt
                      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                      Markland Woods CC mthunt
                      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                      Magna GC L mthunt
                      Barrie CC L mthunt
                      mthunt Range

Comment

What would a better solution be? My hitting area is not wide enough to rotate GC2. Moving my Skytrak works well so I would think if the GC2 is easy to move that would work well too.

Comment

2 GC2's would be the best solution.

My Courses:
                          World Par 3's by mthunt
                          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                          Weston G&CC by mthunt
                          Park CC Lidar mthunt