GCQuad Screen Reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCQuad Screen Reader

On another post, Ports mentioned the idea of pointing a camera at the screen and using image recognition to read the ball parameters. If you can do that, I don't see why you couldn't fake a COM port to send them to, format the data to look like it comes from a GC2's bluetooth, and then use GSX to play TGC. To be fair, my programming skills are geared towards hacking something together for engineering purposes and not customer-facing products, but I thought I would at least mess around with this for fun. There are already open source image-to-text programs and virtual COM port creators, so I think it is more a matter of piecing stuff together and maybe tweaking a few things here and there.

To that end, can someone with a GCQuad take a video of the screen when they hit a shot, both with and without the backlight on and post it to youtube or some other hosting service? I don't actually know what order the data is displayed (ball in hitting zone, ball data, then club data?) or where on the screen each parameter is located. It is surprisingly hard to find even a still image of the ball data, and the ones that I found are not very good quality due to reflections, small size, and being taken at an angle. With a sample video, I can take screenshots of it and quickly see how difficult extracting the text would be.

I’ve been playing around with a software package called cheat engine. It lets you find memory addresses that a game uses to store certain things. It might be able to be used to find the launch data memory addresses. But I can’t figure out how to read memory addresses in python to then pass it to chads Protee sdk. It could probably be done with c++ but I am not much of a programmer so it’s hard for me to get it working. Maybe someone else on here could get it done quicker. Or maybe htdumps has something in the works
    Last edited by andygg1986; 03-22-2019, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• ChadGolf
      ChadGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      It's pretty difficult to access memory of other programs reliably anymore. Operating Systems are pretty complicated.

Just need someone with a Quad and to let me team viewer in to capture some data. And give a good deal on a gc2 to Chadgolf

Comment

I am willing to volunteer

Comment

I've been slowly working on a piece of software that can read the ball data from FSX and send it to a 3rd party. My program doesn't quite read the process memory like cheat engine does, rather it listens to messages sent from FSX to the Windows kernel. I've been testing it with my GC2 and its been working well, and I don't see any reason why Quad, Hawk, or dual GC2's data wouldn't be available the same way.
        andygg1986 , are you interested in trying my software and letting us know what you think?

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds cool. I hurt my wrist about a month ago and still can’t really hit, so I’m not much of a tester for the time being. I’m passing the time by working on my screen reading program.

• Photon
          Photon commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been there with wrist injuries, a little too much time in front of the SIM for me.

Any Quad users motivated to get their LM working with TGC that want to test?

I'd almost consider buying a quad over the GC2 if this was legit, have you had any other progress Photon ?

Comment

• Photon
          Photon commented
          Editing a comment
          It's legit. I'm currently working with another forum member and his GCQ. Good progress is being made.

andygg1986 I assume you were doing something along these lines? https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2017/0...cv-and-python/

Seems like this could work?

Comment

Do you have a working solution?

Comment

I've done this for Trackman TPS software and made it work with TGC back a few years ago. You don't need a camera pointing to it, you just do it as an app running on same PC - it was pretty easy.
            [url]http://www.24-7.golf[/url]
            AUS: +61390057975
            USA : +14698449353
            Flightscope and SkyTrak Distributor

Comment

I’m pretty shocked no one has connected a quad to the ProTee interface. Really shocked.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Yessssss!...

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Started like my Club C match 4 straight bogies. Got it to -1 only. Lot's of birdie holes. I just can't make birdies. lol

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Great to see you play it. Thanks for giving it a go. Course was fun to play. Recommended by schnaurt and of course he posted the second of four 64s.

With FSX you can log all data to a external CSV file.
              Only start FSX and go to practice mode and activate write external csv file.
              Protee only have to pull data from the CSV file to the protee interface?

Comment

Originally posted by philipgabriel@gmx.com View Post
                With FSX you can log all data to a external CSV file.
                Only start FSX and go to practice mode and activate write external csv file.
                Protee only have to pull data from the CSV file to the protee interface?
                With ProTee have shot recording on and pull all data anytime to a CSV file easily
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

to get GCQuad working with TGC, Protee could use the data from CSV File from FSX?

Comment

Originally posted by philipgabriel@gmx.com View Post
                    to get GCQuad working with TGC, Protee could use the data from CSV File from FSX?
                    Anyone with strong development knowledge could pull the data from wifi and connect it to ProTee. I don’t see ProTee doing this but it’s only my opinion.
                    My Courses:
                    World Par 3's by mthunt
                    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                    Weston G&CC by mthunt
                    Park CC Lidar mthunt
                    The National GC L mthunt
                    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                    Markland Woods CC mthunt
                    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                    Magna GC L mthunt
                    Barrie CC L mthunt
                    mthunt Range

Comment

you don't need wifi, only a csv reader.
                      protee will sell a lot of licenses if they develop the tool

Comment

a little batch file to check for new shots from the CSV File is no problem.
                        Is there an existing interface to push the data to protee?

Comment

Working...
                        X