Decent laptop for FSX 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent laptop for FSX 2018?

Doing some homework on laptop requirements. From reading around, looks like recommended to have: Core i5 minimum, i7 preferred, 16 GB ram, and Nvidia GTX 1060 or greater video card.

I'm looking for a 15" display laptop. I want to go with laptop instead of desktop for portability. Which laptop have worked well for you guys so far? Also is the GTX 1060 good enough or should I go with 1070 or 1080? The 1070 or 1080 cards seem to drive the price up quite a bit.

Also, i don't have a projector or screen as of now, but in the future might get one.

Defyphysics...this is straight from Foresight:

Operating requirements:
    • GC2 or GCQuad launch monitor
    • PC operating Windows 7 or greater
    • Recommend processor speed i7 (Gen6)
    • Must have NVidia GeForce 1050 Ti video card or greater

Comment

Can anyone describe what happens with a lesser processor or graphics card? Has anyone ever played this on meaningfully under-specification pcs? I have a laptop that just barely meets these official specs, and it's fine at 1080 resolution with dual monitors. Every once in a while on the range while animating a replay it kind of misses some animation then catches up. Not a big deal. With lower specs, I assume more glitching on the animated portion. But that's just aesthetics - most of the time the screen is pretty static. If I just wanted to see where my shot ended up and needed to aim my next shot, I don't think FPS would matter much. I do notice that it sometimes takes a second or two for the green matrix balls to start moving to show the breaks. Maybe that takes even longer with weaker equipment, or fails to display at all? Just curious.

Comment

I had a laptop with 1050 and just worked ok, upgraded to 1080, works a dream

Comment

Defyphisics ...several things:
          1. Here are latest specs on graphics card for FSX2018 from Foresight Sport - see attached.

2. Here are best 2019 gaming laptops per PCGamer. I found their No.1 choice on sale with exact specs shown in this article... at Best Buy for $1800. With Best Buy credit card you get one year to pay without interest.

Hope that helps!
          Ken

Comment

Working...
          X