Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading GC2 to GCQuad need help!

Hi all,

I'm a long time member on this forum. I have a gc2 which I've been using for the last few years for my home simulator along with FSX. I'm thinking about selling it and upgrading to a GCQuad. I have 2 young kids and they're starting to use the golf simulator. Since the ball detection area is not very big, I found it cumbersome to position the ball every time they hit. Is the area for the GCQuad much much bigger? Is the anything else I can benefit from upgrading? Is it difficult to sell gc2 to help offset the cost of a new gcquad? how much should expect to sell this unit? I know with the GCquad, I can't use third party software, but I use FSX 100% of the time and not planning to use anything else. Thanks for your time.

I just upgraded to a Quad, bought it used on here. I haven't hit balls on the quad yet since I don't have my clubs with me, but I did test the ball detection area. It's definitely bigger than the GC2 but not as "huge" as I thought it would be. 6x bigger per Foresight is a stretch IMO. See the two posted pictures, the golf ball is basically at opposite corners of the zone, that should give you an idea on the hitting zone area.

I did notice I can get the ball closer to the Quad than I can with the GC2, that will help me since my room is only 10' wide. I can be more "centered" in the room.

I upgraded for a few reasons. #1 I wanted FSX and didn't want to pay for it separately without a Quad. #2 My dad is a lefty and we frequently go to the range to hit. I have HMT and it was a bit of a hassle to switch the HMT back and forth on the driving range or in my simulator room. #3 I want to be able to take the Quad out on the course itself, just drop it on the ground where my ball is and take a swing and get ball and club data. Again setting up the HMT on the fly is cumbersome.

I don't think it will be difficult to sell the GC2. Depends on what you are looking to get for it. I am about to sell mine. I'll tell you in about two weeks what I sold mine for.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. Your pictures help alot. I'll contact foresight and see if there's any deal with the GCquad right now, then try to it sell it on this forum, if not, ebay. Thanks again.

Comment

When my kid was little I just put a piece of tape down so he could see where to put the ball.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by omfs44 View Post
          Thanks. Your pictures help alot. I'll contact foresight and see if there's any deal with the GCquad right now, then try to it sell it on this forum, if not, ebay. Thanks again.
          Gc2 will sell quick for 3,700 under 4k serial, 4-9k serials for $4,000, 10k+ $4,300. If you are patient add $200-300 to each price. There are always people looking for gc2s

Comment

Are you upgrading to get the club data? If so, then given you aren’t interested in 3rd party software well you can’t go wrong with selling the GC2 and buying a GCQ. Awesome piece of kit, integrated club data and no flash unit. Much better than shelling out for the standalone HMT.

Comment

• DjPiLL
              DjPiLL commented
              Editing a comment
              Just note that while most Quads have club data, not all of them do. The club data is a software add-on for the quad, so it's important to check that the Quad has club data. One quad sold on ebay maybe 6 months ago for 9k or so that didn't have club data.

• AdamV
              AdamV commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a quad with club data, but yes, that’s a good point...could get duped if not careful.
          Working...
          X