Run GC2 without computer or iPad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run GC2 without computer or iPad?

Hi guys, a quick question here: If I only need the ball data, including carry distance, side angle, side spin, and offline #, do I need computer or iPad, or any software? Can I just place the GC2 and hit shots? Thanks!

You can just hit shots and see the data on the GC2 screen. The ipad ap is better as the data is easier to see.

Comment

Also, I've found it helps having the backlight on to see the GC2 screen better

Comment

• Stingreye
        Stingreye commented
        Editing a comment
        I run with my backlight on 90% of the time.

Thanks for the answers. It seems to be very convenient, more so than other launch monitors. Another question: what ballpark price would be for a used GC2 with no add-ons? I only need a unit that can display side spin and offline number. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueGolferNorth View Post
        Thanks for the answers. It seems to be very convenient, more so than other launch monitors. Another question: what ballpark price would be for a used GC2 with no add-ons? I only need a unit that can display side spin and offline number. Thanks.
        A stand alone GC2 will not give you the offline number. You get the azimuth(start direction),spin numbers, ball speed and launch angle. You will have to use one of the available ball ballistics programs like Trajectoware or the Flight scope program to see how far you are off line. After doing this awhile you can probably guess the result close enough for "government work".
        Last edited by Ronsc1985; 07-25-2019, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronsc1985 View Post

A stand alone GC2 will not give you the offline number. You get the azimuth(start direction),spin numbers, ball speed and launch angle. You will have to use one of the available ball ballistics programs like Trajectoware or the Flight scope program to see how far you are off line. After doing this awhile you can probably guess the result close enough for "government work".
          It’s a bummer!! Do I have to use a computer to run ballistics app to show the offline number or I only need to GC2 iPad app? I come from SkyTrak and Trackman and have no familiarity with GC2. I want to avoid to run a computer just to see GC2 offline numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueGolferNorth View Post

It’s a bummer!! Do I have to use a computer to run ballistics app to show the offline number or I only need to GC2 iPad app? I come from SkyTrak and Trackman and have no familiarity with GC2. I want to avoid to run a computer just to see GC2 offline numbers.
            You need something to do the computations on the ball launch parameters.. You can download Trajectoware for off line use or access the internet for the Flightscope program. If you already have an I pad you can obviously access the net. That said I never used the I pad app so maybe I' m missing something.

Comment

You can probably find a used GC2 around $4000. All you need is the free Apple App or the free Android app which will give you offline distances along with the other numbers you want. The Android app must have been recently updated, it now actually works and has a screen with moveable tiles making it easy to see the data you want all on one screen.

Comment

I have the ap for apple which I run on an iPad for club data. The Android Ap FSX mobile says you need a subscription to FSX to use! Is there the FS performance Ap equivalent for my phone?

Comment

Originally posted by 400driver View Post
                  I have the ap for apple which I run on an iPad for club data. The Android Ap FSX mobile says you need a subscription to FSX to use! Is there the FS performance Ap equivalent for my phone?

might need a tablet screen to install it. I know I can’t run the iPad app on my iPhone.

Comment

Stingreye, on your android tablet ap are range and carry always the same? I have started another thread asking if when you hit any long clubs if it calculates roll.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Stingreye
                      Stingreye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I haven’t used the app in ages. I use full version of FsX as my favorite range and then my other sim software for playing courses.
                  Working...
                  X