Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @kchogan (NET) and @Wizard of Coz (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier!

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Sanderson Farms Championship with 2 rounds at Pine Valley ProTee Blue Tees by Craig118 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...gc-in-the-name
See more
See less

GC2/ HMT Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2/ HMT Issues

Just purchased a used GC2 w/ HMT and fairly new to it all aside from hitting on them at golf shops and using my golf instructors GCQuad. It came with FR1 software and dongle that has the driving range, and one course, club fitting. Had to wait until I got in my new hitting mat yesterday to try to get it set up completely. I originally had the CCE hitting strips and purchased a full mat to hit off of. The first time I used it i downloaded the program to my computer and used it with the Bluetooth. I was getting ball readings but the distances seemed off some, however no club data was showing up on my computer. Read some things on here about updated the firmware and drivers so i downloaded those then installed them the other night. Last night I tried to use just the GC2 without the HMT plugged into my computer. When the driving range pulled up it would automatically aim as far right as possible and would only register the first hit then after that nothing would register. Tried unplugging from my computer and couldnt get the GC2 to read anything at that point. I removed the drivers and FR1 software from my computer because it almost turned my computer into a paperweight for whatever reason it would not work properly. Shut off the GC2 machine for a while then tried it again with just the GC2 and it would read the shots on the screen however the ball speed and distances seemed to be way off. Most of the shots seemed to be 20 yards short, I hit a few with my 3 wood that had a ball speed of 240 mph that carried 225 yards. I know neither one of those readouts was correct. Any help of guidance yall can provide would be much appreciated. The SN is A10980 if that makes any difference, and it is using version 4.0.0.15.

To start with, disconnect from the FR1 software altogether and confirm that the GC2 and HMT is measuring good data just using the LCD screen. Go into the setting menu of the GC2 and make sure you are in MPH instead of KPH which sounds like you might be.

Once you confirm the GC2 is accurate and working properly you can worry about getting FR1 working.

Comment

I checked through the settings and remember seeing MPH but i will double check it to make sure.

Comment

What kind of lighting and positioning next to the hitting surface should I make sure it has? Or i guess how big of a factor will lighting make with it (direct sunlight vs indoor lighting or low lighting)

Comment

Lighting should not be an issue. Your flash could be going bad but usually, you get no reads if that is the case. The GC2 just needs to be level or slightly about the hitting area.

Comment

Club data will only show up when connected via USB on fr1, and using dots on your club. The rest of the issue, I'm not certain why that would happen.

Comment

You need to re-run the simulator setup install file, it has bad data on where the gc2 is located in your sim room. Run that and it fixes the weird fr1 install. Also make sure you are running Foresight components 3. Something update to fr1 to get it to work proper with windows 10. While club data is sent over Bluetooth, it doesn’t work with fr1 so connect with the usb cable.

Comment

Thank yall for all the help. I am going to give it a try this evening. Any ideas as to why the FR1 software would essentially stop my computer? I had to uninstall the program both times due to the way it made my computer run. Its a surface book 2 with 16 GB ram. Dont know if being a surface has anythign to do with it or not.

What do you mean by compoents 3? is that the driver?

Comment

I'm thinking that it's not a "pc" is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Chelms2206 View Post
                    Thank yall for all the help. I am going to give it a try this evening. Any ideas as to why the FR1 software would essentially stop my computer? I had to uninstall the program both times due to the way it made my computer run. Its a surface book 2 with 16 GB ram. Dont know if being a surface has anythign to do with it or not.

What do you mean by compoents 3? is that the driver?
                    I sent you the fr1 upgrade for windows 10. It’s called foresight components 1.30. Check your PM’s

Comment

Working...
                    X