This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 Recommended Firmware

Recommended firmware version is 3.5.1.0.

You can download it here: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/groups...ftware-updates

You must be a TGC user to have access to the download section.
    Last edited by Maverick; 12-22-2014, 03:24 PM.

It's 3.7.0.0 that I have. I checked the 'about' screen assuming thats where the flash counter was. There is an option to reset the flash counter, but nothing saying what the count is! Odd.

It's the GC2a - not the dome shaped one! I don't think the done shaped one has a battery at all as its meant purely for indoor use.

Does 3.7.0.0 work with ProTee? I heard rumours they may be blocking it. Don't want to spend $2000 on software in a couple of weeks to find out it doesn't work!

Where do you get older firmware versions to downgrade if I want to see the flash count?

Comment

3.7.0.0 works but a few guys that are using are seeing excessive backspin with their wedges. It could also be related to their mat. But we will recommend people use 3.5.1.0. No issues with that one. See link above to download.

Comment

Ok... I'm now a ProTee / TGC owner! How do I get access to the download section to enable me to download the recommended FW for my GC2?

Comment

Welcome to the club or should I say TheGolfClub...hehe

Invite sent.

Comment

See what is on the GC2 first and use the menu button on the unit to scroll through to see what version you have in it now. The thing I did not like about the 3.7.0.0 was that they no longer show the flash shot counter. I know you can use it till it reaches about the 450,000 to 550,000 (this is not shots but flashes as it takes about 12 flashes per shot) range before you may need to change it but it is nice to see where you are with that and how fast you are using up a flash. Do have an extra on hand if you already don't. Nothing worse than a dead flash and a 2 week or more wait to get one.
            Mountain Time

Comment

Originally posted by Zmax View Post

Invite sent.
              Invite accepted.... Thank you!! I see there is a TGC 2.3 on the link. I'll need to update as the one ProTee linked me to yesterday was 2.2!

SFR - my GC2 is on 3.7.0.0. I noticed this FW has an option to 'reset flash counter', but doesn't actually have a visible counter.
              I got a spare flash with the unit. When I come to swap it out, I'll buy a new one to keep as spare.
              I didn't realise the flash was quite so active. Does it still use the flash in well lit area?
              Last edited by p3eps; 01-16-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post

Does it still use the flash in well lit area?
                Oh yeah. 12-15 captures of the ball at a time.

Comment

You can just use that version and at some time get a version of 3.5.1.0 to down load and keep both those updates in a file so that you can go back and forth if you want to see the flash count. That is why I leave mine on 3.5.1.0 so that I see the flash count. As far as I know there were no changes in the calculated ball carry with the last update but more to do with the new GC2T units.

Not sure why they thought they did not need to show the flash count on this last release. If it were a new unit then you know you have about 41000 actual ball hits so you can calculate how many rounds you have. If someone reset the flash on an old unit you will have no idea then how long the flash will go even with the counter because it was reset.
                  Mountain Time

Comment

Please use 3.5.1.0 when playing on the ProTee tour.

Comment

How do I link my login to my TGC? I'd like to download the Firmware for my GC2 but the link says I'm not authorized. Thanks
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      London Hunt Club L mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                      The National GC L mthunt
                      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                      Markland Woods CC mthunt
                      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                      Magna GC L mthunt
                      Barrie CC L mthunt
                      mthunt Range

Comment

Just got my GC2 ProTee / TGC setup and running. Wanted to download the recommended GC2 flash version but do not have access. Who do I contact for access?

thanks,

Comment

Snapzilla, I got your PM about 3.5.1.0. I don't have it anymore, sorry. I am sure someone else on this forum does and could send it to you .

I have been using 3.7.0.0 (latest firmware) for months and it works fine. The only reason to stay on 3.5.1.0 in my opinion is to be able to see the flash count in the menu as SFR stated up above. There was some talk of 3.5.1.0 giving better carry yardage on chips - but I don't see how that is possible as TGC is doing the carry algorithm. So the only way the firmware could possibly affect the carry would be if they did something to the actual measurement of the back spin which I haven't noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by VanceV View Post

Invite sent.
                            I also currently own the ProTee/ TGC set up and pick up my GC2 today. Can I also please get access to the necessary download links?

Comment

Hey guys, does anyone have a copy of 3.5.1.0? I lost my copy and I'd like a back up. Please PM me.
                              My Courses:
                              World Par 3's by mthunt
                              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                              Weston G&CC by mthunt
                              London Hunt Club L mthunt
                              Park CC Lidar mthunt
                              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L