E6 connect for foresight sports launch monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 connect for foresight sports launch monitors

E6 connect now avail to foresight launch monitor owners ... 2500.00 25 courses no annual subscription
    does anyone have any experience with this software is it better than FSX 2018 I wonder if club data is included
    I was about to get club data for the hawk maybe I’ll wait

Par2Pro has a video. After the rep takes a shot it does show a golf club in the screen where it has the ball data. Maybe the Hawk didn't have club data enabled?

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com. Par2Pro checks o...

Comment

• FCMTX75
      FCMTX75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know when it will be available?

I hear the graphics are much better than FSX18. I look forward to seeing more of this demo. I currently have a GCQuad.

Comment

I asked my Foresight rep and they didn't have any solid info yet. They said it's new and emerging, should have something soon.

Comment

You have to have club data to get club data... software doesn’t give that to you, your LM does.

Comment

Originally posted by Baller View Post
          You have to have club data to get club data... software doesn’t give that to you, your LM does.

True but some people (like myself) want the club data shown in the simulator software. TGC for instance will not show the club data which made me not want it. I know you can get the club data from looking at the LM screen or maybe from another device like an iPad, but I still want my full data in the simulator. I guess more people ask the same question about E6.

Comment

• Baller
            Baller commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahhh, I see what you mean. I thought you were asking if you'd get club data without having club data on the LM. My bad! I don't remember that about TGC. I thought you just had to click on something to show it (but every time). I have FSX18 and I do like it, but glad there's another option as well. FSX obviously has all the data. Pretty sure they are making you have FSX18 in order to get e6 though, FYI.

My understanding is you have to already own fsx, at least that's the way I interpret the guys statement in the Par2pro video. Although I find that hard to believe, that would be quite the outlay of money.

Comment

I got the same impression concerning FSX pre-requisite. Makes me wonder if FSX software installs operating system drivers for USB connection which the E6 software depends upon versus using bluetooth?

Comment

I noticed the foresight sports name above the mini map, which reminded me of what they did with red chain software. My bet you have to buy software directly from them at a premium price. It would be nice if they adopted the subscription model, which would lead to more users and online play. I don't mind owning and buying courses, but for reasonable prices. We won't see those is my guess.

Comment

Also, owning FSX software, which rarely gets updated and I've had for 4 plus years, should allow me to get E6 as a replacement software since I already paid $3K

Comment

My rep told me it won’t be available for purchase until April. He also said full pricing details are not yet determined.

Comment

For those asking about club data, I’ve had E6 working with my GC2 for years using the ProTee interface. The problem with Club Data is Foresight sends 3 packets of info per shot. First balls speed and direction, then spin then club data. You can see this happen on a GC2. FSX starts balls flight on packet 1 then adds spin after take off then shows club data. This all takes 2-3 seconds. When I used E6 if I enabled club data the ball took 2-3 seconds to take off. If E6 does it the way FSX does, club data will be great. If they do it they wait for all data like ProTee then it’ll suck. We’ll see. The bottom line is Club Data already works with E6.
                    My Courses:
                    World Par 3's by mthunt
                    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                    Weston G&CC by mthunt
                    London Hunt Club L mthunt
                    Park CC Lidar mthunt
                    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                    The National GC L mthunt
                    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                    Markland Woods CC mthunt
                    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                    Magna GC L mthunt
                    Barrie CC L mthunt
                    mthunt Range

Comment

• Baller
                      Baller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FSX18 has a setting that lets you choose whether nor not to wait for all the data. I have it ON and there is no delay Although, that may be because of the Quad vs GC2, no idea. Just a thought.

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Must be a GC2 thing.

For what its worth I would go with E6 Connect over FSX2018. I have now played both & I can tell you that E6 Connect is head & shoulders above FSX2018. E6 Connect is more stable & reliable. Better graphics & ball physics in my opinion. All the modes of play work well as opposed to FSX2018. FSX2018 offers other modes of play but only stroke play works correctly. Scramble mode is messed up. Sometimes you can get 300 yard gimmes' even when you have it set to 6 feet. You can't even take a drop if both players on a team hit into water. Only option is to re-hit. And if there is a misread where no spin is calculated the mulligan function doesn't work so you kind of stuck with that shot. I can't see how they think this software is worth $3k. For that price I expect much better. I think they heard so many complaints they had no option but to offer some other software choices. Long story short I like e6 Connect if you have more than 4 guys that want to play if not TGC 2019 is great for 4 players or less.

Comment

• Baller
                      Baller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you have a quad or hawk, you have no choice but to have FSX. We have been asking for additional software as an option as we already have FSX and they aren’t losing any money by allowing us to use other software. This is their solution and I think it’s fair.

FS makes great hardware, but they have to be able to sustain as a company for further development, right? They can’t make it and grow without having more than only software. You need to buy software and hopefully some courses and some other stuff here and there as well.

The alternative on the same level as the quad or hawk, is Trackman. Remind me what they charge you EVERY SINGLE YEAR?

Now, I’m not positive I’ll buy e6 or not, but it is extremely nice to know I finally have that option.

I don’t think they are at all out of touch with reality. They dint need to offer this, but by doing so, they are opening up an entire market to people who want to have other software options in addition to FSX. I think it’s a great move.

• JohnnyBill
                      JohnnyBill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah - I definitely agree that it's great to have options in software & yes as you put it "it's a great move", but I disagree with you when you say "they didn't need to offer this". I think they DID need to offer this as limiting the software was most likely limiting their sales. You can bet Foresight didn't do this because of people asking them to do it. I'm sure this decision was driven by their bottom line. They may try to spin it as "Hey we heard you & we listen to our customers" but I'm sure it's only a small part of the equation. Just my 2 cents.

• Baller
                      Baller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Isn't that what I said?

Any updates on when E6 becoming available for FSX?

Comment

• Baller
                      Baller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The word on the street is April, so I would expect May-June.

Spoke with Trugolf and still in negotiations. Looks like everything will go thru Foresight ,meaning if you had e6 1.6 previously, there will probably be no discount. Just going by Foresight's track record of gouging the customer! I had the base and 96 courses and that probably won't matter, so no definitive answer, but doesn't look to good for a discount.
                    Shouldn't the discount be that I own FSX, which is great for the data, but nothing else really.

Comment

Working...
                    X