GC2 + FSX2020 Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 + FSX2020 Deal

I am new to the whole sim thing but very big into golfing and bought some components for my simulator. Intended to go with Skytrak but I ended having an issue with the unit and am returning it so reconsidering it given all the feedback on GC2 vs Skytrak. There is an eBay auction for $7500 for a new (slightly used) GC2 + FSX2020. Is this a good deal? I definitely plan to get TGC 2019 so was considering just getting a GC2 and no FSX2020 but I do want some practice capabilities. I really liked the Skytrak software for practice and range - is there something other than FSX2020 that can deliver that style (iPad/portable/interactive practice and skills challenges) that is cheaper or is FSX2020 the only way to go?

For some context, I picked up a Net Return Simulator Series system, as I really like that I could take it with me on long stays and being able to set it up in my backyard vs. garage vs. indoors, so it would be great to have an iPad setup option and not need to move the whole PC and wires out there.

Ultimately if $ wasn't an option, I'd go with GC2 with FSX2020 for practice and some sim play and TGC 2019 for SIM play. If there are alternatives for FSX2020 that are cheaper, I am open to them but I don't want to compromise in practice feature set and don't want to require a PC for those practice sessions at the range or as a portable setup. I am hoping to recreate the Skytrak experience and feature set but with a GC2 as the LM.

Any insight would be great.

Just sent you a PM.
    Lay-ups are for basketball!

Comment

With the GC2 you get a free performance fitting app. It isn’t great but it shows all of the necessary data and pictures. It is a virtual range with data. You do not see live ball flights but you see the results. It is free and can be used on a phone or iPad. FSX is great for the range and various games and courses. It is pretty expensive though and very dated when it comes to the graphics. I prefer the ball flight algorithm in FSX over TGC because I find it closer to my real life shots. TGC is a blast though and does have a range, chipping, and putting area. FSX you can put yourself anywhere on the course and practice. You can practice drawing a drive or hitting a cut into a green. It is a nice tool to have.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions. I am happy to help where I can.
      Lay-ups are for basketball!

Comment

Well that's a bummer, the eBay item was sold, I guess you gotta capitalize when it is available and it was a pretty good deal after all!

Comment

Prices on used simulator equipment are definitely inflated right now, but under normal circumstances you can get a used GC2 for $3500-4500. FSX licenses come up occasionally for $1500-2k. If you are patient I think you can do better than that deal.

Comment

Working...
          X