Anyone buy E6 Connect yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy E6 Connect yet?

I'm on the fence and I hopped in here hoping to hear some opinions. Thanks!

E6support and foresight support are both aware of the significant difference in carry distances especially on longer clubs The driver Especially using E6 and Foreseight launch monitors.
    fsx seems very accurate . I was told that
    Foreseight will be using their ball flight model in the E6 software to correct this , and they are close to a fix.
    Do you have club data on fsx with your launch monitor?
    Perhaps fsx is reading true and E 6 is underestimating your draw bias?

Comment

E6 reps told me that their code is not similar to Foresight’s, hence they cannot do anything and Foresight must fix it to match the GCquad carry distances..... two companies that are baming each other but still sell a software $2500 !!!

Comment

Any more updates here? Have the distances and ball flight issues been remedied?

Comment

As of 9/23 the reply from foresight was they were working on it but did not have ETA on remedy.

I would suggest that everyone that is not happy email foresight to inquire about a fix.
          “The squeaky Wheel “ may get some attention.
          Last edited by Vfroma; 10-07-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Just got a reply from tech support .
            The foresight development team will be releasing upgrade to address ball flight issue and other fixes in E6 integration. They think it will be this week .
            Kepp you posted if I hear anything and when

Comment

Any news for an update for E6 Connect from Foresight ????

Comment

Correspondence from tech support last week was that the upgrade was being fine tuned . They expect it out soon- whatever that means 🤔

Comment

Well at least they are working on it, I was scared that it was only smoke and they didn’t care.... Hope we will get it soon, golf season is pretty much over here !

Comment

Just heard from Foresight, update release next week !

Comment

Believe it when you see it

Comment

• Dax
                        Dax commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m guessing there are still a few days left... but like you I would not bet on it.

Any news on an update?

Comment

I contacted foresight support today.
                        Integration is complete.
                        first link is update to E6 connect
                        next link is update to fsx launcher update

download both
                        then you need to follow instructions
                        launch the launcher
                        you have to input fsx live info with license for E6

I tested on the range
                        audible carry distances from my GC2 jives perfectly with recorded distances on E6 range

Did not play a course yet but looks like a fix !

Comment

• a98cr125
                          a98cr125 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not sure why this is being posted as new? Integration was a while ago. E6 is also now on 6.0 this is 5.0. There will be a new launcher and E6 update here sometime soon to work on fine tuning some things. Also that launcher is the original from Oct 28th. .27 They accidently released an updated launcher with problems so if you are not on 1.0.0.27 you need to uninstall and revert if you are having issues like crashing etc.
                          Last edited by a98cr125; 11-24-2020, 08:38 PM.

Alright folks --- what is the verdict? Is E6 Connect worth it? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger....

Anyone play in scramble mode on the same team in E6 Connect? I frequently play in a three-person group in scramble mode and we try to shoot the lowest score. In FSX2020, there is a weird gimme issue where sometimes it assigns a gimme to one or more of the shots, even if you are 150+ yards out in the fairway. It kind of takes away from the enjoyment and realism when you have to select the worst drive so as to not get a gimme from way out in the fairway. Any issues like that in scramble mode?

I have TGC2019, but don't care for the video game feel and weird ball physics. E6 appears to have a nice course list with the expanded subscription and above average graphics (better than FSX, but not as good as TGC2019).

Comment

Originally posted by Gawlfa View Post
                          Alright folks --- what is the verdict? Is E6 Connect worth it? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger....

Anyone play in scramble mode on the same team in E6 Connect? I frequently play in a three-person group in scramble mode and we try to shoot the lowest score. In FSX2020, there is a weird gimme issue where sometimes it assigns a gimme to one or more of the shots, even if you are 150+ yards out in the fairway. It kind of takes away from the enjoyment and realism when you have to select the worst drive so as to not get a gimme from way out in the fairway. Any issues like that in scramble mode?

I have TGC2019, but don't care for the video game feel and weird ball physics. E6 appears to have a nice course list with the expanded subscription and above average graphics (better than FSX, but not as good as TGC2019).
                          Gawlfa i got a a demo, but had some weird things happen. All of a sudden I couldn't select clubs in the range and I didn't feel it was as accurate as fsx2020 with its ball flight and distances.

That being said I only played the one course and it was a good experience despite the previously mentioned issue.

I want it to be great, ready to buy as well just not feeling all the bugs are worked out yet.

Has anyone else had this club selection problem in the range?

Did they ever release an update to fix the inaccuracies?

Comment

Well, Foresight has a special where the expanded subscription is only $450. ($150 off) I decided to take the plunge as the course list has a bunch of courses not available in FSX2020 that I have played and enjoyed/loved:
                            • Bandon Dunes
                            • Pacific Dunes
                            • Troon North Monument Course - my wife's uncle owns a house on this course, so I'm going to have to look for it
                            • Firestone South (even though I actually liked Firestone North more)
                            It also has courses that I really want to play:
                            • Castle Pines - used to go to the Sprint International to watch the pros
                            • Greenbriar
                            • Portmarnock --I was supposed to play there in 2018, but my Euro trip was cancelled
                            • Pinehurst #2 and especially #8
                            • All the RTJs - I have played the RTJ course in my area (VA) several times and absolutely love it.
                            • Princeville - my parent's used to go to this resort to play golf when we lived in Hawaii.
                            My new gaming rig arrives tomorrow from Origin PC: (Will be used for golf sim and VR games with the family):
                            Processors: Intel Core i9 10900K 10-Core 3.7GHz (5.3GHz TurboBoost)
                            CPU : Thermal Compound
                            System Cooling: CORSAIR H60 Hydro Series
                            Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-I Gaming System Fans: ORIGIN PC Standard Fan Kit
                            Memory: 32GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM - WHITE 3200MHz RGB (2x16GB) Operating System: MS Windows 10 Professional
                            Graphics Cards: NVIDIA 10GB GeForce RTX 3080 Power Supply: 750 Watt CORSAIR SFX Series
                            Operating System Drive: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus PCIe NVMe M.2
                            RAID : No RAID
                            Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung 860 PRO Series
                            Looks like I will be doing a lot of course downloads tomorrow so I can play some golf. Glad I'm off work this week!

Comment

Working...
                            X