GCQ Ethernet Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCQ Ethernet Port

Anyone know if it is possible to use the ethernet port on the Quad to connect it to your pc? Would that even work?

My issue: I just moved my gaming pc and now it is too far for me to use the USB cable. (That was my preferred connection choice in the past.) Wifi is just okay, but seems less stable. Was hoping to run a 25ft ethernet cable around the golf mat and connect the Quad to the PC. Anyone do this or is the ethernet port on the back of the quad just for attaching it to a network port (which i don't have one in my garage)

Thanks.

I have used wifi, USB, and ethernet to connect GCQ to PC. Ethernet is by far the best in my experience.

Comment

• Gawlfa
      Gawlfa commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Looks like I get to go to Best Buy today to buy another ethernet cable!

Yup, it does work great. I used to use it and may go back. The only negative is that you have to break out the USB cable when you want to update the quad, but seems like so many fewer updates than there used to be.

Comment

Well, I cannot get FSX or E6 to recognize the Quad when trying to connect it via an ethernet cord. I tried connecting the quad directly to the pc's ethernet port. No joy. Then, tried connecting both the pc and the quad to a switch. At this point, when I went into the Quad's settings, it looked like it had an IP address. Thought it would work, but again, no joy. I tried changing some of the network sharing settings for ethernet, but nothing worked. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Comment

I can't speak to E6 but with TGC2019, it required a WiFi connection. Ethernet wouldn't work except for with FSX2020. You could try to contact E6 and see what they would suggest. I can't imagine your situation is different from others.

Comment

I have no idea as regards E6 or TGC, but for FSX with the ethernet cable, the PC should just connect to the Quad directly in the same way as with USB or wifi.

Comment

Gawlfa Did the ethernet connection work out for you? I'm planning to do this connection method so I can have my computer in another room and wouldn't want that to be the reason I can't do E6 Connect as well as FSX.

Comment

Working...
            X