Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC Quad - Sim In A Box - Frame Size Question

Hey Guys,
    For any of you who have purchased the GC Quad - Sim In A Box --- Do you mind telling me the exact outer dimensions of the frame?
    My room is 8' 10" floor to ceiling and 12' 3" wide. I am wondering if I can make this work?

If not - have any of you guys successfully trimmed down the frame a few inches in either direction?

Thanks in advance!

Agreed, not sure paying the money for the convenience of an "in the box" solution and then having to modify it is worth the effort or expense. That said, many here have custom designed and self installed components into a space that size and are enjoying their experience. Just be sure to read up on limitations (can you swing drover?, will you need to offset hitting position off center? etc.). With limited ceiling heights and/or odd shaped spaces, you will get a much better result from some sort of custom DIY design IMO. YMMV.

Comment

When I was considering sim in box I emailed foresight and they do make a 8 ft height by 11 ft wide enclosure. Not sure if it changes pricing

Comment

Originally posted by Jswalla11 View Post
        Hey Guys,
        For any of you who have purchased the GC Quad - Sim In A Box --- Do you mind telling me the exact outer dimensions of the frame?
        My room is 8' 10" floor to ceiling and 12' 3" wide. I am wondering if I can make this work?

If not - have any of you guys successfully trimmed down the frame a few inches in either direction?

Thanks in advance!
        My room is 8' 10" high only as well, and I cut the vertical posts down by 3 inches. I did this since I got the Sim in a Box for $3000 off.

With that said, you will not want to trim down the width as the velcos are on the edges of the impact screen and you won't be able to properly attach the side panels.
        Last edited by Michael Chen; 01-30-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X