Swing speed radar accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing speed radar accuracy

I just purchased one of these swing speed Radars to use with my speed sticks. I am concerned now as I don't know which is more accurate for Club speed my gcquad or the swing speed radar. I typically swing my 7-iron between 89 and 91 miles per hour. I carry the ball between 168 and 175. That is indoor or outdoor. The swing speed radar is saying I max out my 7-iron at 87 and more of an average towards the 85 mile per hour mark. Does anyone know if these swing speed Radars are accurate? Here in Canada with licenses I paid just over $25,000 for my gcquad so I would assume it's more accurate than this $150 unit. But now I'm starting to question myself.

They may calculate speed at different points in the swing. Gc2 and gc4 usually are 5-7 mph faster than radar measurements like trackman, flightscope, etc. If you improve on the swing radar, you are improving your speeds regardless.

Comment

• ElPrimero
      ElPrimero commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt this big difference because I would have smash factors well over 1.5 asuming the ball speed is correct (which definitly is because distances are correct). As soon as we are allowed to play golf again here I will compare my GC2 with the TM4 in my club.

• Dubville
      Dubville commented
      Editing a comment
      Smash factor of 1.5 is basically impossible on gc2/quad due to how it measures club speed. It's not wrong, just different than trackman vs trackman you can occasionally see smash factors of 1.51 or even 1.52.

As they say, Phil’s gonna Phil, and after posting a video early this week talking about hitting bombs & gaining speed he was back at it again with a speed update which had him reaching driver ball speeds over 180mph. Phil was quick to point out that not only was he hitting “nasty bombs” but he was […]

• ElPrimero
      ElPrimero commented
      Editing a comment
      @Dubville: That's exactly what I am talking about. I get a max of 1.45 on my GC2. Because I do have a really big dynamic loft I would never get to 1.5 even on a Trackman. If the swing speed was way to high on the GC2 compared to a TM, my TM-smash would be like 1.52 to 1.55. A friend who hits it a long way was measured with 107 to 110 mph on my GC2. He definitly doesn't swing it with 100 or 102 mpg. And he accomplished a smash of 1.49 on the GC2. All in all that is why I think the headspeed from my GC2 is not that far from what TM would measure.

I have always had trouble with the Swing speed radar reading irons. It seems more accurate with the driver.

Comment

I have the prgr radar for my speed sticks and I think it reads my speeds very similar to trackman and my uneekor qed (not sure how great the qed is tbh for club data). When hitting on foresight it is usually about 4-6 mph slower than the gc2 I have access to.

Comment

I'll add to what Dubville said. I saw a Foresight video and the nerd talked about how the club speed is read before the ball is hit. Once the ball is struck, the speed dies off some. Perhaps other swing speed radars just average the speed in a given area that the radar "sees"

Jon in American Fork

Comment

Working...
        X