FSX 2020 Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX 2020 Crashing

My FSX 2020 has never crashed on me. I have had it for about 6 weeks. On Saturday I did a new "Windows update." Has anyone had this experience recently?

Both Play and 2020 have crashed on me in the past week...might be the same issue, not sure.

Comment

Let's see what happens, but it was strange.

Comment

I'm experiencing new crashes as well, I used to be able to run FSX 2020 and FSX Play for hours and hours without issue. Now I can only utilize range. Every time I try to play either it crashes when advancing to the next hole. Something in the Windows update is causing issues.

Comment

Yes, also have been experiencing new found crashing on both FSX Play and 2020. Very frustrating

Comment

You could uninstall the windows update and see if the problem goes away.

Comment

Both FSX 2020 and FSX Play did the same thing to me last night. Everything seemed fine until I got to the first hole and then the graphics were all messed up. The program stayed open and I could tell it was still running but the all the graphics looked like long blocks and everything was distorted. I could still see some of the buttons to be able to exit the round and when I would get to the menu everything would look fine again. Any help is appreciated. I just got my GC3 last weekend and am new to FSX so not sure of all the basics. I haven't even been able to get the premium courses that I purchased when I bought the LM as an add on.

Comment

Has someone pinged tech support? I will if no one has.

Comment

• tomkaskey
                  tomkaskey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have not

I emailed them a couple days ago about getting the courses I paid for when I bought the GC3, they just reached out to me yesterday and are not calling me back until this evening.

Originally posted by jasonreg View Post
                Has someone pinged tech support? I will if no one has.
                I have a support call with them scheduled this evening. Will report back with findings

Comment

• jasonreg
                  jasonreg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent. Much appreciated.

• Tom Howarth
                  Tom Howarth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you.

They logged into my computer remotely and changed a few settings on my graphics card. Time will tell if this will be the fix. Hit balls for an hour on FSX2020 range and a full round on FSX Play with no issues.

Comment

• Tom Howarth
                  Tom Howarth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They did reach out to me. I have not had any issues in a few days. I will let them know if I do.

• tkvaughn999
                  tkvaughn999 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you know what they changed by chance?

Still no crashes since that support? Please let us know. Also, what version of windows, 10 or 11? (I'm on 11)
                Last edited by Baller; 05-20-2022, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Tom Howarth
                  Tom Howarth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No crashes recently and I have used it at least one hour per day for the last several days. I even made some tweaks to my system to improve graphics, etc. (video on Foresight Website). Everything is maxed out in the settings. I am now getting 75 FPS - GPU maxes out around 80%.
                  I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Legion 2060 RTX/I7 (10th Generation). Fingers crossed it stays this way.

• tomkaskey
                  tomkaskey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tom Howarth,

Do you have a link to that video?

• Tom Howarth
                  Tom Howarth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The following will walk you through setting up the Windows Operating System Power Settings. These settings are recommended for best use when running your Foresight…

Windows - Recommended Power Settings.mp4 on Vimeo

Comment

When I get into 300+ swings on the range, I know FSX is going to crash soon...and it always does.

Comment

When you get to 300+ swings, it might be crashing to tell you that's enough.

I used to do that, it doesn't help even though it can be fun, but yeah, I think it has always crashed around there for some reason. At least change what you're doing instead of 300 swings of the same old range.

If I feel like practicing that much, which I still do sometimes, I'll warm up, then maybe do pitch n putt or play midland like pitch n putt, then do some skills challenges or range work, then play a full regular course, then work on what didn't feel right.

just my $.02

Comment

• Tom Howarth
                      Tom Howarth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. Exactly.

Check Event Viewer in windows > Administration Tools. Can save/send event logs to foresight or dig deeper into the offending file and get the file health (Hash) using powershell.....boring u now, I can tell. lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X