Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FSX Play are there any Bug/ Glitch Free Courses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX Play are there any Bug/ Glitch Free Courses?

I've never had an issue playing Pebble Beach, Cabot Cliffs or Cabot Links on FSX Play. I can't say the same for other courses. For instance Crans-Sur-Sierre is unplayable. The mini map never works properly or is even the same as the hole I'm playing. Lone wolf crashes every time I play it. I'm trying to minimize frustration with FSX Play and stick to courses that work. Please reply with courses that actually work on Play.

I have several software bugs to report but none of them are related to specific courses on FSX Play. Every course I play functions decently, including Crans-Sur-Sierre. I do not own Lone Wolf, but I own at least 25, they play identically and never crash. I do run a relatively high end system with i9 processor and 3060 GPU. Others may have more relevant experience.

Comment

Do you think I should download Crans-Sur-Sierre again? It's odd that you have no problems with it but my mini map is so screwed up.

Comment

• sinkingputts
        sinkingputts commented
        Editing a comment
        It seams most the course that come free with FSXPLAY seem to work well. Some of the course are complete resource hogs. Torrey Pines is terrible

• pgheaja
        pgheaja commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the tip on Torrey Pines. I don't want to purchase a course that is a hog and doesn't play well.

• MeeeTooooo
        MeeeTooooo commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you ever get Crans-sur-Sierre to function properly? It runs like crap for me and my system is at the best end of requirements.

It is free to download it again, of course worth a try. I would worry more about software not acting right because of your computer resources, speed, memory, etc. I do not know how much speed or GPU resources are required for 100% success with all courses, but you can find posts here that indicate the recommended resources by ForeSight are NOT universally sufficient. The Marketing dept would like the software to be accessible by the most people for revenue, and the tech support people might recommend something a bit better. I am not the one to arbitrate.

Comment

• sinkingputts
        sinkingputts commented
        Editing a comment
        I just ordered a Black Friday Alienware with a Rtx 3080 ti. I’ll let you know when it gets here if it can handle 4K on these courses. Right now i have a gaming laptop that will only play Pebble Beach and the Pitch and Putt at for graphics and still get 60fps I’m going to be pissed if i still can’t run full graphics with the new computer.

• dawms
        dawms commented
        Editing a comment
        With an I9 CPU, 32GB memory, an SSD and 3060+ I believe that I have full functionality in all FSX Play modes and courses. However, the GPU is 90% busy when running 4K projector even with no wind and no graphics changing on the screen(static). Hence simultaneous Swing Catalyst for two video cameras is considerably hobbled due to resources but functional. Would graphics be even better on 3080 with more headroom? Or will GPU utilization fall? We shall see.
    Working...
    X