TGC/GC2 issue- random shots not registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC/GC2 issue- random shots not registering

This issue is relatively minor, but I'm posting in the hopes that there is a fix available. I haven't posed a ticket with Protee (who is excellent to deal with in terms of resolving tech support issues, by the way,) because this issue is sporadic.

What I'm talking about is that somewhere around 5% of the time, maybe less, I take a swing and my GC2 registers the shot but TGC does not. When audited, GSX and Protee both show the shot detail as read by the GC2, but as far as TGC is concerned, it's like the shot never happened. Most often, the next shot will register. Sometimes, it isn't until the third shot until it starts working again.

Has anyone else run into this? It's annoying more than anything, but it can be especially frustrating if the GC2 registers a perfect shot for the scenario and TGC doesn't give credit for it, and then the replacement shot goes like crap! The flip side is if a crap shot doesn't show up it gives a second chance to get it right.

-Bob

I downloaded the 3.10d it registered every one of the 150+ shots I made so I am a happy man!!

Comment

protee was on it as soon as it was identified and the data of the misreads were given to them on the issues. 3.10 d is a good fix glad to see you up and having fun BM11

Comment

Hey stingr... yeah I have 3.06g version for the protee interface. I sent a message to protee about switching and they said to leave it alone if it's working fine which it is. I played my round last night in the match play online and did not have this issue. Keep me posted on the 3.10d version as I may switch down the road.. but for now I'm leaving it the way it is. BM I'd run with he 3.10d if I were you. You got nothing to lose.. keep me posted as well...

Comment

• Stingreye
          Stingreye commented
          Editing a comment
          Stick with 3.06g until we get more time on 3.10D. I will keep you updated on it. Although, its really easy to switch back if you still have the install files for 3.06g still. Takes less than 1 minute.

Thanks stingr, I'll wait a bit and see how it's going for you guys.

Comment

I installed last night, played 18 holes today. I had zero issues. So far so good!

Comment

Awesome find. I thought I was having issues with my GC2 and was ready to replace the flash (I was getting about 2-4 no shot registrations per round). I will upgrade to 3.10d and see how that works. If it is a flash dying issue, how will it present? multiple shots in a row missed?

Comment

Originally posted by docsmilez View Post
              Awesome find. I thought I was having issues with my GC2 and was ready to replace the flash (I was getting about 2-4 no shot registrations per round). I will upgrade to 3.10d and see how that works. If it is a flash dying issue, how will it present? multiple shots in a row missed?
              Are you checking your GC2? It's relatively easy to tell if its an interface issue or a GC2 registering the shot issue, as the face of the GC2 will show the shot data if it registers it. If it's a flash issue you'll get a lot of shots where every data field shows --------. One of those every now and again is normal, in my experience.

The interface issue was that the GC2 would show the shot but TGC did not. I haven't had a single shot not transfer to TGC since 3.10D.

Comment

Originally posted by bm11 View Post

Are you checking your GC2? It's relatively easy to tell if its an interface issue or a GC2 registering the shot issue, as the face of the GC2 will show the shot data if it registers it. If it's a flash issue you'll get a lot of shots where every data field shows --------. One of those every now and again is normal, in my experience.

The interface issue was that the GC2 would show the shot but TGC did not. I haven't had a single shot not transfer to TGC since 3.10D.
                I haven't payed attention to it because I assumed the GC2 didn't read the shot. But thinking back i remember seeing numbers and no shot registered. Hopefully 3.10d will solve this for me. When installing 3.10d do we use our current license and machine id or do we have to go through protee again to use new codes.

Comment

It's just an interface update

Comment

When my flash went out, I got a green light, hit and nothing happened other than the light turning red (I didn't hear the flash which normally I can hear the burst). I assumed that meant my flash went bad. I swapped it and the problem went away. If I wasn't getting the "----------" does that mean might flash might be good and I was just getting a wierd issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                      When my flash went out, I got a green light, hit and nothing happened other than the light turning red (I didn't hear the flash which normally I can hear the burst). I assumed that meant my flash went bad. I swapped it and the problem went away. If I wasn't getting the "----------" does that mean might flash might be good and I was just getting a wierd issue?
                      I'm only going off what I read, I'm no GC2 technician, but if your unit stopped registering shots and then resumed registering shots after replacing the flash, it sounds to me like your flash must have been bad.

I'm pretty sure I read that the ------ means that it didn't read the shot and if it happens more frequently/all the time it means it is time to replace the flash.

Comment

Just wanted to follow up. After updating to 3.10d interface I didn't have a single shot not register. This update made a huge difference for me! Well done protee

Comment

• Daddio
                          Daddio commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Same here, not one shot hasn't registered since I updated!!!

I know this is an old post but lately I have been dealing with this issue a lot. I see the shot on the GC2, shows up as registered on GSX v0.6.7 as well as on Protee v3.17g but ball doesn't move in TGC19. The Protee will display the "Status 201" "Invalid Launch Code" when this happens. Any suggestions?

Comment

• l40niners1
                          l40niners1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          were you able to try any different versions to see if that fixed this issue? I finally was able to check mine and I also get the invalid launch code error

• l40niners1
                          l40niners1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I contacted support and they said to uninstall protee 3.17g and try 3.17b. I probably won't be able to try for a week or so but I'll let you know if it works. Here's the link they gave to install.

Originally posted by K3V1aR View Post
                        I know this is an old post but lately I have been dealing with this issue a lot. I see the shot on the GC2, shows up as registered on GSX v0.6.7 as well as on Protee v3.17g but ball doesn't move in TGC19. The Protee will display the "Status 201" "Invalid Launch Code" when this happens. Any suggestions?
                        I also have the same version of gsx and protee and have the same happening. I don't know if protee is showing status 201 but the shot will register on the unit and show in gsx. I've only had a gc2 for about 6 months so assumed it was normal. It's not super often but at least a few times a round. The replies previously mention an earlier version of protee so I'm curious if an older version would be better than 3.17g. I'm injured so not golfing ATM but may have to find an earlier version of protee to see if it would register shots better when I'm able to golf

Comment

• K3V1aR
                          K3V1aR commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the reply, yea I was thinking of doing that too. I don't remember what version I had prior but I recently updated to the protee version I'm on now because I was hoping it would solve this problem. I don't think I'd care as much but I swear it happens most often when I pure a driver/hybrid, so extra aggravating.

You can try to solve stable problems with my plug-in developed through the gc2sdk. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ku...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

• l40niners1
                          l40niners1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What is this plug in for? I've tested 3.17b and no longer get the invalid launch code error. Any swing displaying on gc2 is being shown on TGC2019
                      Working...
                      X