Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Loss of E6 1.6 online content for FSG users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of E6 1.6 online content for FSG users

Just received an email that we have to “upgrade” E6 1.6 by May 1 to a version that disables all online content, including player tracking and saving/resuming rounds. Says it’s a “security” update. Seems to me like a non-trivial reduction in functionality. How do others feel about it?

Apparently it unlocks all of the courses but that doesn’t do much since I already have them.

I really wish they made 1.6 Connect an option for FSG owners, at least while they get the kinks worked out of their proprietary software.

Originally posted by MNW View Post
    Just received an email that we have to “upgrade” E6 1.6 by May 1 to a version that disables all online content, including player tracking and saving/resuming rounds. Says it’s a “security” update. Seems to me like a non-trivial reduction in functionality. How do others feel about it?

Apparently it unlocks all of the courses but that doesn’t do much since I already have them.

I really wish they made 1.6 Connect an option for FSG owners, at least while they get the kinks worked out of their proprietary software.
    Totally agree...the new software is so far behind legacy 1.6 (especially the physics engine and the features on the range). With this new update, and the features being taken away, I am now worried about vendor lock-in with Full Swing for the first time. I would much prefer to leverage the hardware I purchased with the best or my choice of software. All the data is captured via the camera and IR sensors...would be nice if they enabled E6 Connect via APIs to that data.

Comment

Originally posted by crnkovcm View Post

Totally agree...the new software is so far behind legacy 1.6 (especially the physics engine and the features on the range). With this new update, and the features being taken away, I am now worried about vendor lock-in with Full Swing for the first time. I would much prefer to leverage the hardware I purchased with the best or my choice of software. All the data is captured via the camera and IR sensors...would be nice if they enabled E6 Connect via APIs to that data.
      I just sent a complaint to my sales rep (I just upgraded to ion3 and a new computer/projector/tracks). He earlier said that they decided not to support Connect because the incremental features above 1.6 weren't significant enough. Now that 1.6 won't have any of the online functionality I couldn't disagree more.

Would you please write in to FSG and complain too (that they're not making Connect an option, at least until the FS Golf software is up to par)?

Comment

I also encourage others to contact Full Swing to complain. I spoke with my sales rep today and also sent a polite e-mail stating my concerns. I did install the update, but I reverted back to the older version this afternoon. As I told my sales rep, the loss of the online features is a deal-breaker for me and unlocking additional courses is of no benefit because I already have them all.

Comment

Just heard back from FS...they pretty clearly have no plans to integrate with E6 Connect. They suggested that I shouldn't download the security patch until the last second if I value the online features of 1.6. Hmm.

Hope that other disappointed users (and/or potential customers) bombard FS with honest feedback because there is no way that FS can claim to offer an "industry leading" solution after May 1. I feel tricked.

Comment

FS continues to disappoint their users at every turn. Their software is way behind the competition. I have already posted all of my thoughts on their shortcomings, so I won't repeat here.

After spending $90K on my FS setup, I ended up purchasing a GC-Quad and repurposed the PC and screen that I got from FS. Big mistake on my part to go down the FS path.

Comment

Working...
            X