Full Swing Kit Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Swing Kit Launched

Looks like the webpage officially flipped off of the pre-launch version.

I had this on pre-order, but ended up picking up a QED instead. But I'm interested to start seeing the reviews

We still know nothing about indoor capability since they haven't released the information yet, so any purchases for that purpose are a dice roll. Not sure how many units they'll manage to sell with Mevo+ gaining fusion tracking and GC3 getting out of the gate quicker.

Comment

I'm curious to see when/what the rollout of Fusion Tracking for Mevo+ will be. And the GC3/Launch Pro looks to be having some mobile app issues, not so with a PC, but if you only have an iPad (as gaming computers are dealing with supply constraints) you're a little out of luck right now. I'm guessing just like the Kit releasing now to try and save some sales the BLP/GC3 launched a little early.

Comment

Mevo+ Pro Package = $3k
        Full Swing Kit = $4k

Great to see some nice options below $4k. My only concern would be sim software compatibilty. If it supports TGC 2019, E6, and others, it would be a serious contender to Mevo+ or the GC3 imo for home sim users imo. But so far, they mention none of it, and is also only compatible with Apple products. No Android or PC support mentioned at all. So is it just a fancy non-simulator 2D-display-only launch monitor?

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          If memory serves, you still need 20' of total space to use all the features of the unit - mostly the swing recording at full resolution.

Good evening,
        I am new to the world of forums.
        I also put a deposit for a Full Swing unit and received it last Tuesday.

Comment

• preludesam
          preludesam commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoa! What are your thoughts?

Ok;
        So I took the FullSwing Kit to the range today and I have to admit I was very upset. I am a bad golfer but even I hit a 7i longer than 60 yards. Most of the times
        it wouldn’t even recognize that I had hit the ball.
        After a few minutes of frustration setting and resetting the line I tried hitting a ball from my bag and it was all perfect. It turns out that my local range used limited flight ball that the Kit won’t recognize. I switched between range balls and real balls and the results were consistent with the initial assumption.
        Aside from that small hiccup everything else about it is great. It takes a video every time you hit the ball but it will ignore your practice swings even if you are right next to the ball. Something else I found nice about it is that it will not give you carry and total distance until the ball actually lands and stops rolling.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
          JackedUpSwing commented
          Editing a comment
          We are much more concerned about indoor performance. Which will likely be poor.... because its radar...

• aussiebenny
          aussiebenny commented
          Editing a comment
          That last part is interesting. So maybe it does full distance radar tracking like X3 or Trackman? But yeah, I'm a 99% indoor sim user so I would only consider it if it was much more accurate than Mevo+ indoors and if it worked with TGC 2019 or others...

• preludesam
          preludesam commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be pretty cool if it does track the full distance. Maybe it’s one of the better favors for outdoor only use? Anyone seen any comparison/reviews on Youtube?

I was on the list for the KIT and received it a couple of months ago. I bought it for my daughter who is a junior golfer and looking to play in college and am using this to keep her practicing in the winter with a means to check swing parameters indoors. A few things I noticed. This thing was really effortless to set up. Load the free app on your iPhone, turn it on and use it. The outdoor accuracy is pretty good when compared to using driving range targets and a range finder. I also took it to my daughter's instructor who has both GC quad and Trackman and using it outdoor was within a percent or two against them both on most parameters. I have experimented indoors even though it is not sanctioned for indoor use till Q1 2022 but, for irons against the distances, club path and face that were collected outside it was pretty consistent (the averages were within a percent or two) given that my daughter is a low handicap golfer this is encouraging. Using a driver the data is inaccurate indoors and is expected to improve with indoor functionality launch.

Some things to ponder, you need to make sure you use their target line function to line up the target. I used 2 tee claws to set the line then the KIT target line function (really easy) to position the launch monitor to match the line on the mat. If your line is off your path will be off. Also, you need to make sure the monitor is on the same plane as the ball, otherwise the angle of attack will likely be compromised if you are higher or lower than the ball. I live in cold weather in the winter, we are using the KIT indoors (not sanctioned by FullSwing) as she is working on controlling her path and it seems accurate for feedback. From what I understand they are integrating with E6 and a host of others and will have indoor rating Q1 2022 which I am looking forward to for hanging with freinds and playing on a sim.

I would buy this again given the price point, functionality and where this is heading. Any time you launch a product this complex there are bound to be issues and no matter who makes this they will have to deal with them. I am looking forward to indoor capability and will update this once available. BTW, I think this is both camera and doppler based underlying technology....

Comment

• Bubba22
          Bubba22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the review. Good luck with the unit and keep us posted with your progress.

golf dad - thanks for the details... I think the question was whether the camera is actually doing any reading, or just used to film the swing? There are some terrible reviews of Full Swing (as a company) up here and them coming through with what they have promised - so I would need to wait until the end of Q1 2022 to see if they come through with indoor mode. Also, do they mention space needed for indoor? I recently bought a Garmin Approach R10 as it is doppler and I can fit it into 15'5" of length just fine.

What are the software offerings for The Kit? Have they mentioned TGC2019, or any other Simulator software other than E6?

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          No info given

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          bubbtubbs - how do they expect to sell this with Tiger's name only, ahem, I guess that's good enough....

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Brettster I guess so, considering there's still no indoor mode and outdoor has issues to fix.

Would be great to hear some recent reports on FSK, especially from some indoor beta testers!

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they release an indoor mode yet?

• Caper33
          Caper33 commented
          Editing a comment
          some are beta testing indoor mode as of a few days ago I believe and FS are planning to release indoor mode in about a month
      Working...
      X