R10 E6 connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R10 E6 connect

Looking at the Garmin r10 launch monitor as an upgrade to my rapsodo. I'm curious to know what the free courses on E6 connect are, and are they any good. Have any of you guys used the R10 and any opinions and tips are welcome

I use the r10 and have found it worth the money. The free e6 courses are: Aviara, Bandon Dunes, Sanctuary, Stone Canyon and Wade Hampton. For $300 / year you can get 20 more courses I believe. I use e6 for practice mostly, maybe play a round / week. My take is if using for sim rounds v practice you'd want to go with the $300 upgrade.

Comment

HI

R10 well worth the money.

Have a Skytrak aswell but since i bought the R10 i never use the skytrak anymore.

R10 quick and easy to setup, numbers are very similar in my opinion.

Skytrak reads spin better on driver, but distances are more or less the same for me.

Comment

How are y’all seeing multiple free courses? All I have is one course in demo mode

nevermind I got it. Im dumb.
        Last edited by dugue4; 11-28-2022, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Yes, I enjoy the e6 interface better than the Garmin Home Tee Hero, especially the 'offset' setup where you can adjust your exact amount of offset (from center), so you are hitting shots at the flag on the screen in the exact right spot - it makes a load of difference in my opinion. I wish Garmin would do something similar.

But, you have to run e6 on iPhone to get 16:9 ratio, to fill a wide screen - the iPad (4:3 ratio) has black bars on sides.

dugue4 - no, you're not. I had the same problem... it's weird the way they do it, you sign-up and feel like you get 1 course. Then when you return and sign in, you really have 5.

HappyGilmore102 - I see you mention Fitness Golf and I guess you were playing that with the SkyTrak? That's the one reason I have for wanting a SkyTrak, unless Fitness Golf is finally going to get their setup working with Garmin R10 - which I see no reason why they would not want to? Much bigger audience, and 1/3 lower price point! How did you get along with the long delay between hitting/seeing ball on screen? That's the one thing that bothers me about even considering a SkyTrak - that and the annual fee!

-Brett

Comment

• Brettster
            Brettster commented
            Editing a comment
            fitness golfer and HappyGilmore102 - please do let us know fitness golfer, as for what HappyGilmore102 says, I don't think it will work as it still has to think it is interfacing with the E6 software on the Garmin App to send the data - check me if I'm wrong?

Or, maybe you would just need to see how it is done with the software that may not be named, as they do have a small connector for any LM that allows it to work. You could write a small 'connection utility' that takes the data in to Fitness Golf? Maybe contact the R10 Connect Utility author about it?
            Last edited by Brettster; 12-11-2022, 10:15 PM.

• fitness golfer
            fitness golfer commented
            Editing a comment
            Brettster- I am in talks as we speak with the R10 Connect Utility author that you are referring to.

• HappyGilmore102
            HappyGilmore102 commented
            Editing a comment
            @ Fitness Golfer

Great, hope it works out for you.

Fitness Golf is the perfect added-on at the right price for the R10 user which is a very large market.

It would be better for everyone if sales were direct from your website.

fitness golfer
          I have contacted Garmin several times about integrating the Fitness Golf software with the Garmin R10 but have yet to hear back from them. I tried a new approach today so hopefully I will hear something. Frustrating!
          Please keep us posted here, I'm eagerly looking forward to playing Fitness Golf with my Garmin Approach R10. I'm at the point of buying a treadmill - do you have anything I should stay away from? The problem as I see it - is that I have to stay with a 1.0 HP treadmill to keep the amp draw down - which leaves me with limited choices. I've been looking at walking treadmills and a few others that will do the job. I also have to try to squeeze it into the limited space I have behind my stance mat.

Thank you in advance,
          -Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brettster View Post
            fitness golfer

Please keep us posted here, I'm eagerly looking forward to playing Fitness Golf with my Garmin Approach R10. I'm at the point of buying a treadmill - do you have anything I should stay away from? The problem as I see it - is that I have to stay with a 1.0 HP treadmill to keep the amp draw down - which leaves me with limited choices. I've been looking at walking treadmills and a few others that will do the job. I also have to try to squeeze it into the limited space I have behind my stance mat.

Thank you in advance,
            -Brett
            I wouldn't buy a treadmill just to use with the R10 and Fitness Golf yet because I don't know if integration between the two will happen yet. I don't think you would be very happy with a manual treadmill and I would be concerned that only a 1 HP treadmill motor would not last very long. The best experience by far to me is using the FG software with any bike on a bike trainer.

Comment

Thank you fitness golfer - a good biker trainer runs around $50, much less than a treadmill... however, I don't believe it's better for my knees, and does not give me the actual feel of walking like on a course.

Have you seen the posts above about using the R10 Connect software as an interface - maybe have a talk with that developer: Travis Lang is his name and here is his website: https://travislang.io/

I really want to see this developed for the R10, and hope you can get it done... there are many out there who want to use Fitness Golf....

Thanks,
              -Brett

Comment

Working...
              X