Projecting garmin app to a tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projecting garmin app to a tv?

I'm just finishing my garage build and was trying to put off buying a projector while I worked the kinks out. I mounted my tv on the wall, bought a hdmi adaptor which lets me connect my old samsung s9 to the tv and charging at the same time. Using the deX app. It seemed to work at 1st but now the screen keeps cutting out, comes back on for a few seconds and repeats problem. I thought maybe the problem was the 15-year-old led tv. Took it to a friend's house and had same issue. Bought another short cable, top of the line. Will this issue also happen with a projector? Anyone else have any issues or thoughts? Thanx,1st post after lurking for info over the last few months!

Bob Ferguson - I've done it both ways, cable, and project it (Mirror your iPhone screen to the projector). As long as you have a decent projector you can try it either way... I've had problems too some times with the cable connection - so lately I've been only mirroring (sending video/audio) from iPhone to the Projector and it's so much easier.

Here's the projector I have:

If you want to send it from TV, if your playing with another software you can Mirror from TV also, just select your Display Settings on the computer display and Mirror it and you will see it on your computer monitor + on your screen

But, you may have to consider audio cables, to get audio to speakers use this:

Here is the Vizio Surround sound system I use with the projector (also does a good job with music):

You can see my setup and where I placed speakers on my Shed Build thread here:
    ​​​Hi Everyone, I'm starting this post as a way to keep myself accountable. The tasks are huge, but not insurmountable as I'm having to do all my build work by myself. Contractors are either non-existent in this post-pandemic marketplace, or they have so much work they are 3 months out! I'll be posting up here as I make

and here about the projector/screen:
    ​​​Hi Everyone, I'm starting this post as a way to keep myself accountable. The tasks are huge, but not insurmountable as I'm having to do all my build work by myself. Contractors are either non-existent in this post-pandemic marketplace, or they have so much work they are 3 months out! I'll be posting up here as I make

Let me know if you have any questions,
    -Brett

Comment

Thanx, I'll look at all the links and be smarter for it! I hate how finicky electronics can be !

Comment

Bob Ferguson if you have a TV or projector that doesn’t let you Mirror from iPhone or iPad like Brettster has mentioned. Than you can also get a Roku for $29 that will let you do this. A ROKU will be cheaper than a 30ft HDMI cable and do the same job. Also I like it as I can keep my iPad charging while using sim.

Comment

Thanx for info!

Comment

I ended up using Chromecast, after much work i was able to mirror my phone full screen. (Old phone, limited tech patience) Not sure how it will work when I'm actually hitting, try it out later, it's extremely windy here so it's time to hit the water for some kiteboarding! I'll test it out later fully. Thanx all

Comment

Sounds like a good option Bob Ferguson . Let us see a pic of how it turned out.

SweetTeeGolf has an excellent idea too. I do have a Amazon FireStick plugged into my projector sometimes too, which would likely do the same job, I just never got around to hooking it up that way.

Than you can also get a Roku for $29 that will let you do this. A ROKU will be cheaper than a 30ft HDMI cable and do the same job. Also I like it as I can keep my iPad charging while using sim.
              I can see that having an iPad charging and not being used for projection is a great idea.

Comment

I hope this gets easier, chromecast seems very fickle, didnt want to link up to phone, finally did but I had no idea what I did. Next up is the garmin unit, look at those crazy #'s?

Comment

The distance is showing yards but the club and ball speeds are showing kmh rather than mph

Comment

Originally posted by wahnamch View Post
                    The distance is showing yards but the club and ball speeds are showing kmh rather than mph
                    Noticed that when I actually had a practice session! No idea how that changed. Now that I have the casting working fairly well, I'll make decision on a projector. Here's an interesting discovery, I had a plastic practice ball mixed in with my regular balls, just for giggles hit it and the reading on it was in the same as the regular balls, go figure !

Comment

If you have android you are required to have the Non Garmin (I use E6 connect) software on a PC or laptop. If you have a Smart TV (that's on your WiFi) you can "duplicate or extend to a connected display", which means whatever is showing on your monitor will show on your TV. I have dual monitors so I duplicate monitor 1 and my shop TV, then I can still use the other monitor to do other stuff.

Comment

So is tgere a way to use E6 now with Android? All my phones and tablets are android and just a big expense to buy a IOS just to run a R10 for E6. Just about to purchase a R10 and don't want to have to buy a Gaming PC to run simulator

Comment

Working...
                        X