RCT golf balls not registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCT golf balls not registering

I know this sounds weird, but I bought a sleeve of RCTs to see if there was any difference in data. I use the r10 mostly with E6, but some with just the Garmin practice app. I hit over 25 shots with RCTs and NONE registered. Have no problem with regular balls (use either Callaway Chrome or Kirkland). Has anyone else experienced this?

arniesarmy2022 - what do you mean by: NONE registered?

Do you mean they do not see a shot being hit at all?

I can tell you I've not experienced this at all - I've been using the Titleist ProV1 RCT balls for about 6 months - almost every single shot registers. Like you I bought 1 sleeve (3 balls) and I'm very happy - they give longer distances with Driver especially (due to lower backspin readings). I'm not so sure about irons though, but I'll let you know.

Comment

• arniesarmy2022
      arniesarmy2022 commented
      Editing a comment
      No shot registers at all. Nothing.

• Brettster
      Brettster commented
      Editing a comment
      arniesarmy2022 - I cannot imagine it is the RCT balls, do other balls register? Unless you somehow got a bad batch? Maybe try again with another sleeve - and see?

Just tried rct balls for the 1st time, same issue. I would alternate shots and every shot with the rct failed to register. Then it got worse,i downloaded garmin express on my pc, express failed to "find device". I uninstalled, restarted computer and downloaded express again, same issue, tried multiple cables still a no go. I assume the r10 updated itself to the latest firmware update as its always done in the past. Installed express on my wife's computer, same issue. I'm tired of all the time it takes to solve these issues I sent an email to garmin about express, have to wait to see what they suggest. I did a search and tried all the fixes suggested, none worked!

Comment

New Garmin user here, like 6 uses. Have only used TCT balls. NEVER had an issue. Sounds like some units have a defect or software bug of sorts?

Comment

Originally posted by TGNgolf View Post
        New Garmin user here, like 6 uses. Have only used TCT balls. NEVER had an issue. Sounds like some units have a defect or software bug of sorts?
        Just got off the phone with support. They talked me through a few steps to get connected to Garmin express, it was a no go. Rep found that it was a rare problem, but they were aware of it. So not sure if the rct issue was part of the connectivity issue but they are sending me a new unit so all should be good!

Comment

Working...
        X