Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (GROSS AND NET) winning the TGC 2019 FALL TOUR - Houston Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-nine-bridges
See more
See less

Review Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor

This is a quick review of the Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor. I have not tested it against other devices but being a range only monitor I have tested it at a well marked driving range using a Bushnell range finder to verify distances. As Leo Mode's review, I am very impressed with the overall accuracy in both distance and ball flight.

Straight out of the box it is a compact and we'll built device. It does require your iPhone or iPad to work. I suspect they will soon develop an android app to allow Android devices. You simply download the app, turn on the device and connect by Bluetooth and your set to go. The app allows for an actual GPS map location that displays exactly where your shots land. Nice touch. You need internet connection for that display. You also have to calibrate device with the phone before using the first time. You only need to do this once. I have used it on both mats and real grass with similar results.

You basically place the device about 8 feet behind you and hit away. Your camera needs to see you and the ball to work. Each shot is recorded showing your ball flight. You need 30 yards of ball flight for it to show results. You are able to record 100 shots. You only need to select a club for grouping not accuracy. I selected driver and hit wedges with equal results. I did have some difficulty with the automatic club detection feature. The app is very user friendly and allows immediate call ups of each session, enabling one to view the averages of each club with groupings etc.

Overall it is very accurate and a nice device. All shots from wedge to driver appear to display true distances as measured from the flags at my range. it is a range only device which is good for those that have fixed indoor sims and want something on the range to really dial in your distances. It would be nice to have spin and spin axis data which I think is very possible giving the ball flight video. It's quite uncanny how accurate the video is to the real ball flight. I hope an upgraded firmware will allow for spin and spin axis data.

How does it feel always having to turn your head to the 'opposite' side to see the data? It kind of seems like a lot of back and forth, which might get annoying after a while la?

Comment

Yes I agree. If you are there for a long session that will be hard. I tend to hit a bunch of shots from 1 club before reviewing. Obviously reviewing after a full session is doable as well. I am wondering is there is a way to mirror the iPhone to an ipad to make that easier. As mentioned in another post having the phone in the sun all day could also be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post
        Yes I agree. If you are there for a long session that will be hard. I tend to hit a bunch of shots from 1 club before reviewing. Obviously reviewing after a full session is doable as well. I am wondering is there is a way to mirror the iPhone to an ipad to make that easier. As mentioned in another post having the phone in the sun all day could also be an issue.
        Thank you for the info. Having to look back and forth makes it a no-go for me.

Comment

Is it feasible/convenient to place behind you for every shot during a round?

Comment

Working...
          X