Putting not registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting not registering

has anyone had issues with just putting not registering? everything else works fine, just seems to be putting. could an offset putter cause these issues?

I haven't had an issue with it not picking up putts. I have had the exact opposite. It will pick up a putt sometimes when I'm setting up without making a stroke. I have to be very careful when getting ready to putt. Do you have it set on the correct setting for the type of ball you are using? Possible try a different putter? Will it register if set on putter but using an iron?

Comment

Originally posted by Jb50 View Post
      I haven't had an issue with it not picking up putts. I have had the exact opposite. It will pick up a putt sometimes when I'm setting up without making a stroke. I have to be very careful when getting ready to putt. Do you have it set on the correct setting for the type of ball you are using? Possible try a different putter? Will it register if set on putter but using an iron?
      just so i understand, what setting do you speak of? i'm completely new to this. just set it up yesterday.

thanks in advance.

Comment

There is a setting in the Rmotion interface to select real balls or almost golf balls. I would think if you had real balls selected and were using foam balls you might have a problem

Comment

You have to be very very still before taking a putt and the face has to be square.

Comment

thanks all for the assistance, i did have it on real ball setting and was hitting a real ball. i guess i wasn't hitting it hard enough. you really have to hit it hard when putting.

Comment

Originally posted by jdspur12 View Post
              thanks all for the assistance, i did have it on real ball setting and was hitting a real ball. i guess i wasn't hitting it hard enough. you really have to hit it hard when putting.
              Much like your swing with other clubs, the sensor has to sense vibration in order to know a ball has been hit. So you have to hit it hard enough for vibration. I find that just a slightly longer backswing on putts will work. Same with short chips.

Also as someone mentioned above, make sure your putter is set for at least one second prior to make the stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by HeMan View Post

Much like your swing with other clubs, the sensor has to sense vibration in order to know a ball has been hit. So you have to hit it hard enough for vibration. I find that just a slightly longer backswing on putts will work. Same with short chips.

Also as someone mentioned above, make sure your putter is set for at least one second prior to make the stroke.
                10-4, thanks. i'll try a longer putting stroke.

Comment

I too have had (and continue to have) putter problems. I haven't yet tried a different putter - maybe the vibrations would be different and it would work better. I have problems with how hard to hit the ball. It is either too hard or too soft. There doesn't seem to be and "in between". I did have a short period of time a week or so ago when the putting seemed much different - more realistic. But today all was back to the usual too much or too little!

Comment

Would it be better to just turn off putting entirely? Anyone know if this is possible?
                    ​​​​​​
                    I'm considering purchasing an r motion and my experience playing on expensive simulators is that short game and putting is the toughest to replicate so I wouldn't expect great things from a device at this price point. YMMV

Comment

• HeMan
                      HeMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I actually think putting is pretty good with R Motion and TGC.

• jdoorny
                      jdoorny commented
                      Editing a comment
                      HeMan I haven't tried rmotion yet so I'm glad to hear it works well. Perhaps putting simulation was just an issue with the system I was using (golfzone at a local indoor golf course).

• StormGolf73
                      StormGolf73 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes you can have the system give you a +2 when you hit the green. Automatic Two Putt. It's under Gimmie and it's On Green, or something like that.

I feel putting is pretty good, but you need to adjust the distance your sensor is under the club settings. I too felt it was a bit hit or miss and then measured my putter (had measured others...but not the putter) it was quite off on my length of putter. When I adjusted that...10 footers felt right! 30 footers..too. Much more realistic for me now. But I'm sure it's very personal and to each their own.
                  Working...
                  X