Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @R3dlineR6 (NET) and @Fantastish (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - RBC Canadian Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - US Open with 3 rounds at Pebble Beach Golf Links ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...g-tour-us-open
See more
See less

R Motion Club Path and Face

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R Motion Club Path and Face

Hi,
    New member here. I've been reading all the posts, and finally pulled the trigger on buying the rmotion. Had it for about a week now.

I mainly bought it for the path and club face data as this is something I struggle with in my game.

I went to the range yesterday with the rmotion, and was finding that the ball flight was different on the rmotion compared to actual flight. It seemed fairly accurate if the path and face numbers were within the + - 5 range, but outside that, simulated ball flight seemed to be inaccurate. I am using the app on the iphone.

1) Has anyone else experienced this? Are you trying to keep path and face minimal, like 1 or 2 degrees?
    2) Do you notice a difference in ball flight on the app vs the pc range?
    3) Any tips for sensor placement? Would length of shaft I have inputted have an effect on face and path - can't see why it would?

Thanks for any advice.

I found the R-Motion was freakishly good at ball flight for my full swings. Chipping for me is where it always is different that what is really going on. I have taken my clips and sensor to my local PGA superstore prior to getting my SkyTrak and tested with the app on my phone while watching the GC2 results. Of course they are both measuring different things with GC2 measuring the ball data and R-Motion your club data, so discounting things such as ball strike and distance... the launch angles were very similar and the ball flight was crazy accurate to each other even if the starting paths were slightly off.

I just tested my SkyTrak tonight with the SkyTrak range and R-Motion TGC going at the same time with my set up. SkyTrak connected via USB and R-Motion via USB bluetooth to my PC. I had a two shots that registered a draw on R-Motion and a fade on SkyTrak everything else was very similar ball flights. My conclusion is R-Motion being a club data only device is VERY good at predicting ball flight patterns .. so with that I trust when it says my angle of attack or path or club head speed was "X" .. then it probably was. That being said, you for sure have to make sure you have the sensor in the correct position and distance on the shaft of the club!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi, If you are noticing the club path/face data or the ball flight data is measured wrong or too far to the left/right then adjusting the clip placement should help. Try twisting the clip and sensor on your club slightly to the right or left and take a few swings, you should be able to get your registered hits to closely match your actual results.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapsodo View Post
        Hi, If you are noticing the club path/face data or the ball flight data is measured wrong or too far to the left/right then adjusting the clip placement should help. Try twisting the clip and sensor on your club slightly to the right or left and take a few swings, you should be able to get your registered hits to closely match your actual results.
        Hi there , the suggested solution of twisting the face results with a very significant distance loss as well as swing speed and ball speed. There should be a way to calibrate the sensor using a tool. Because I have a similar but much more serious problem with my face angle. It shows -6 to - 8 closed face despite that it is not , from the slow-mo videos that I shot with my camera even with a chip shot resulting as a hook shot on full swings... I have to hit a super open face shot to make it think that it is a square face

Comment

I think you misread that. He stated that you needed to adjust (twist) the sensor and clip, not your clubface. Just adjust the clip in minimal increments until you are getting appropriate readings.

Comment

Hi, just start to use my rmotion. Very happy about but with some clubs I have as well some result different from "reality". Someone know if there is a video that explain exactly how to calibrate the sensor adjusting the clip? Will be very useful... many thanks and happy swing!

Comment

Working...
            X